Modified Range Rover - oops! [Merged]

Ouch!
This is what happened when a car transporter collided with a motorway bridge on the M61 near Farnworth, after the driver failed to lower the top deck.’
Police say, it resulted in a ‘non-factory build convertible’.
Fortunately no-one was hurt. Driver was reported.
(Pictures from GMP Traffic)

Looking at the height difference in pic 2 I’m struggling to work out how the grey one survived unscathed.

That’s his accident free bonus gone :smiley:

At least the steering wheel has still got a cover on so the grease covered recovery guy doesn’t get it mucky [emoji23]

There’s a waiting list…

For Range Rovers. That’s gonna be one ■■■■■■ off customer.

Rob K:
Looking at the height difference in pic 2 I’m struggling to work out how the grey one survived unscathed.

Don’t know how car transporters work but wouldn’t the back one be separate to the next one in?,also I’d assume it’s been lowered after he hit the bridge…bit late then I know :laughing:

Rob K:

I’m guessing that deck was lowered after it hit the bridge to allow whoever took the photo, access to the deck.

Re-a-Range Rover :laughing:

Didn’t they used to say Green and Red were unlucky colours?

Not being funny but how high was the deck■■? The Range Rover has scratches that start at the front of the bonnet, when he liaded it it would of looked wrong. They were lucky to get that far without a collision.

I don’t know much about car transporters but surely even with the deck up it should get under a motorway bridge. The bonnet of the range rover is well scratched so if a m/way bridge is 16’ 6’’ the top of the range rover would have been 18’ high, that seems a lot.
Please correct me if I’m wrong I often am :unamused: .

Bloody hells thats going to cost!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154535

tachograph:
Modified Range Rover - oops! [Merged] - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Should’ve done my homework :blush:

It’ll be right, there’s load of room [emoji23]

bald bloke:

tachograph:
Modified Range Rover - oops! [Merged] - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Should’ve done my homework :blush:

I’ve merged it to protect the guilty! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :wink:

It’s clear the deck has been lowered after the collision, as the (fixed) upright pillars on the trailer are a lot higher than the damaged bits of the car.

Had to be one of the most expensive cars on the roads didn’t it [emoji23][emoji23] one ■■■■■■ off customer who has been waiting a long time as it is shall now be called Carlos.

At least the driver strapped it down correctly, I’d had thought an impact like that to rip them off the deck??

A similar one happened at J17,M60 E/B a couple of years ago, car transporter came down the entry slip and knocked one clean off the top ramp (forgot just what type of vehicle it was)