M6

Heading south from Chorley to Rugby. Closures all along the M6. Anyone got another route as the diversions are very busy. Thanks.

Get down as far as jct16 (or jct17 then jump on A34 to Stoke on Trent),then a500-a50-M1…Google shows it as 23 mins longer time wise but that’s having the M6 fully open as it’s doesn’t show the closures.

xichrisxi:
Get down as far as jct16 (or jct17 then jump on A34 to Stoke on Trent),then a500-a50-M1…Google shows it as 23 mins longer time wise but that’s having the M6 fully open as it’s doesn’t show the closures.

Tried that tonight and the bloody M1 S closed as you come off A50.[emoji34]

Went down A42 instead to get to Lutterworth.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:

Don’t follow the signs for the M1 south when you get to the first roundabout at the end of the A50 (J24 M1). Stay in the left two lanes and follow the signs for the A6. Once on that roundabout keep in the right hand lane, follow round then you can join the M1 southbound from that roundabout. I did what you did, kept in right lane followed the signs, ended up at the roundabout where the services are, thought I’d come back and see what the crack was at the first one.

Also when I went onto the A500 from J16 it was shut at the A34. If it is then turn right and follow signs for A34 Newcastle Under Lyme. Straight over first roundabout, up the hill to traffic lights. Turn left at traffic lights, next roundabout turn left and it brings you back onto A500 further down.

Conor:

Big Truck:

Don’t follow the signs for the M1 south when you get to the first roundabout at the end of the A50 (J24 M1). Stay in the left two lanes and follow the signs for the A6. Once on that roundabout keep in the right hand lane, follow round then you can join the M1 southbound from that roundabout. I did what you did, kept in right lane followed the signs, ended up at the roundabout where the services are, thought I’d come back and see what the crack was at the first one.

Also when I went onto the A500 from J16 it was shut at the A34. If it is then turn right and follow signs for A34 Newcastle Under Lyme. Straight over first roundabout, up the hill to traffic lights. Turn left at traffic lights, next roundabout turn left and it brings you back onto A500 further down.

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

One of our lads pulled into sandbach for a forty five. After half an hour, wombles told him that unless he was staying the night, he needed to move. Now.

Whoever organises this has no idea of the problems they cause.

Captain Caveman 76:
One of our lads pulled into sandbach for a forty five. After half an hour, wombles told him that unless he was staying the night, he needed to move. Now.

The Wombles told him that? I’d be telling them to eff right off! :imp:

Captain Caveman 76:

would have carried on with break then gone out through service road… :wink: