Asda normanton/south elmsall

Has anyone done any work for asda at normanton or south elmsall ive been thinking of going onto super market work through agency at asda as anyone had any experience working for asda, of course i know being store work there will be some very tight delivery points thats a given

Thanks in advance for any replies

I’ve done a few shifts at Normanton a few years ago, you need to have a green card to work there if it’s the same ( Asda induction).
Ambient & chilled deliveries easy enough, when I went in I was driver 150 or something so they use plenty of agency especially in peak.
Between 1- 4 drops a day depending on distance. Stock is on pallets & can be piled up so heavy to shift. Staff ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked out of Normy…

For a few years on and off with agencies. I left when they started insisting on eight hour un-paid inductions. That aside, you’ll do local tips first like Wakefield or Killingbeck with ambient goods(from the ambient disribution centre ADC) and then they’ll send you over the road to the chilled distribution centre (CDC) to deliver chilled or frozen. You’ll go further out like Hull or Grimsby. The fridges are all set up so there’s no faffing with temp controls. There’s no tail-lifts it’s almost all off the back and onto the dock. One or two stores tipped trolleys with fork lifts but H&S might have stopped that now.

All stores have really easy access from the road. You’re given map instructions and the delivery entrances are clearly marked. Most sites have enough room to spin round in one. It’s only really Xmas that things get tight with groceries all over the place.

South Elmsall used to be Lidl’s. All I know is they run double decker curtainsiders out of there now.

No idea about money, I was invoicing various agencies at the time.

I did a few agency shifts at the south Elmsall XDC depot a few years ago, it’s the usual store deliveries on DD curtain siders, with a full shift of H&S classroom induction BS before you even get behind the wheel, site walk, driving assessment etc, for which I was paid 8hrs.

Now the only only remnant of my time there is the staff green card I kept which gets me into the canteen, and enables me to use those cashless vending machines

Some tail lift work at smaller stores (ex Netto)
Can be one drop/ full load to larger stores, some take deliveries 24 hours, back load waste and empties.
Two or three drops to smaller stores.
I think there is also some inter depot trunking.

Sorry.Asda at South Elmsall used to be Netto,I think.

Anyone know what agencies they use at South Elmsall?

Ta

Gidders:
Sorry.Asda at South Elmsall used to be Netto,I think.

Correct. Got 2 mates that worked there in the good old days of netto.

donk1889:

Ta

Talstaff at both elmsall and normanton

deano32:

donk1889:

Ta

Thanks

I rang them today, no Asda work at the minute

donk1889:

deano32:

donk1889:

Ta

Thanks

I rang them today, no Asda work at the minute

No problem m8 its crap around us at the minute I’m in Castleford some of the rates here are appalling I work nights as I have done for 15 years and some of the hourly rates are poor.Places like Malcolm’s but tbf I’ve had enough of general haulage, was thinking of going to Asda as I used to work on the agency for them out of doni on the click and collect contract all trucking that was.Most places around me I have done work for on agency so I know which ones I would go and work for again and which to avoid lol