Have you ever wanted to sue DVLA?

Following the publication of ‘Driven to Despair’ where DVLA and DMG were proved to be an utter shambles the Chief Executive (Oliver Morely at the time) was given a light saute by a Parliamentary Committee.
You will not be surprised to learn that everything is rosy in Morelys garden and no one at DVLA/DMG has ever done anything wrong. Two things stand out for me from this meeting.

1. Morely was not challenged on the difficulties that ordinary people face if they want to take DVLA to Court. Anyone who has tried will know it is an opaque and intimidating process where the first thing anyone says is ‘Loose the case and you loose everything’. When your life and career are already in ruins this is massively intimidating.
  2. If you look through the minutes to Q110 you find that Morely does not think that there is a large number of cases that have been abandoned through frustration and despair.
    He has no evidence (as usual) but he is absolutely clear that no tail of disgruntled and abused drivers exists.
    I would like to prove that he is wrong about this. If you have EVER wanted to take DVLA to court, about their decision or the way they have treated you, and if you have been put off by the odds that are stacked against you please PM me with any details you feel able to pass on. I would suggest your name and a case number would be a good start.
    If you know anyone else who might fit the criteria, please pass this on.
    If you also know of any forums where people who are similarly affected chat then please cut and paste

Link to the minutes of the meeting which itself contains a link where a recording of the meeting can be viewed.
https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/public-administration-and-constitutional-affairs-committee/inquiries/parliament-2015/follow-up-to-phso-report-driven-to-despair-16-17/publications/

Yes, 2003, I was on the buses and had a sneezing fit on a set of stairs in the depot, I fell down the stairs and was knocked out and taken to hospital.
the hospital confirmed my heart was fine and my brain after a scan (they did find it) but they took my hgv and psv license off me for 6 months regardless of several consultants letters from the hospital saying it was just a fluke and I didn’t have any medical condition.
nissed me off massively but thankfully the company I was with paid me the 6 months.

ombudsman.org.uk/sites/defa … port_2.pdf

I’m caught up in DVLA since last october. I naively told an ex-forces counsellor i was drinking on my rest days and she
,thought it appropriate to inform DVLA that I might have a problem , next thing I got a letter to say all my licences were revoked for 3 years, gone from decent wages to 70 s week

Ive been wanting to strangle one of them this morning. Just moved house and trying to change my address but the online system cant find my new address, so after much swearing I’ve now got to wait for 2 postal forms to turn up so i can fill them in.

Everything else I’ve changed, bank accounts, electoral role, insurance etc has been fine and easy. Just the DVLA that cant find the house!

Minger:
I’m caught up in DVLA since last october. I naively told an ex-forces counsellor i was drinking on my rest days and she
,thought it appropriate to inform DVLA that I might have a problem , next thing I got a letter to say all my licences were revoked for 3 years, gone from decent wages to 70 s week

Having qualified as a counsellor nearly 20 years ago, I would say that she has broken her own rules of conduct and confidentiality, unless things have changed dramatically. The only time you were ever allowed to refer to external agencies, were when their own or others lives were in immediate danger.

I would go further, to say that she has in actual fact increased your mental health issues and possibly is responsible for any reversal in any condition that you may or may not have, or indeed left you open to other negative influences.

We live in the UK, not N. Korea. :imp:

Att - yep it right,I’m totally scuppered on a
L fronts

They seem oblivious to any problems they may cause…so far they have taken 4 months to organise my renewal, that in itself is a disgrace for a government body…always speed things up when illegals land on our doorstep, and need housing and feeding…when it comes to us mortals, who cant earn a crust, cos their licence is out of date. I would like an automatic letter sent out, stating our documents are with them, and its ok to continue driving…unless a medical problem prevents…Its almost impossible to speak to anyone too…automated call system.why dont they out source it to india, at least they answer the phone.

Had a letter today confirming in a alcoholic so 3 year ban of all licences stays

A mate on another forum is in the process of sorting compensation from DVLA after finally get his licence back after they wrongly removed his entitlement following a head injury .
They had a judicial enquiry into the rulings of the DMG and found that they had wrongly removed entitlement with a significant number of drivers .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

A question I’m interested in is has anyone ever successfully sued DVLA?

I just put in a Freedom of Information request asking for the details of who had represented any successful appeals in the last 5 years.
Made it clear I don’t want details of the case just who the brief was.
Waiting for a reply.