Pallfinger crane problem

Hi guys, got a problem with my crane it’s a Pallfinger 15500 with manual levers.
All is ok apart from lowering the first boom which is only happening at a very slow speed.
Got the engineer coming out on Wednesday but wondered if it is a simple fix.
Thanks Duncan

What’s the problem ?

Hi,the first boom is lowering very slowly but all the other movements of the crane are fine.
Just started happening today.

Is the lever operating correctly? Had a car transporter did this and it was the grub screw holding lever onto shaft had come loose so it wasn’t turning the shaft correctly.

The levers can wear out, I know that sounds odd but it happened on mine (23500)

There was getting a lot of play in the lever meaning there was quite a bit of dead travel with the lever before it actually started to open the valve block, as a result it would hit the end of it’s slot but only open the valve a fraction of what it should do.

I replaced all 4 levers on the valve block side, did it myself and was an easy fix. I can’t remember the cost of the parts but it was surprisingly cheap.

It could be something different but worth a look at.

Thanks for the answer guys. The boom starts to move as soon as you put pressure on the lever just very slowly.
It’s the same on all 3 sets of levers.
Thanks again Duncan

8wheels:
The levers can wear out, I know that sounds odd but it happened on mine (23500)

There was getting a lot of play in the lever meaning there was quite a bit of dead travel with the lever before it actually started to open the valve block, as a result it would hit the end of it’s slot but only open the valve a fraction of what it should do.

I replaced all 4 levers on the valve block side, did it myself and was an easy fix. I can’t remember the cost of the parts but it was surprisingly cheap.

It could be something different but worth a look at.

Hi mate that’s exactly what the problem was.
All sorted now.
Thanks Duncan