Freshlinc Evesham looking

Was in there today and spotted a notice on the wall saying they’re after drivers just in case anyone is interested, it did say pop in or give them a call.

freshlinc.com/careers

I did wonder what the terms were like with them ,If anyone knows ?

Beetlejuice:
https://www.freshlinc.com/careers

I did wonder what the terms were like with them ,If anyone knows ?

Listening to their drivers chatting being fluent in an EE language would be advantageous !!

Dont they have all there warning signs in polish on the units and trailers

Pretty much without exception, the freshlinc drivers that come to our yard are Polish or Lithuanian.

All notices in the traffic office @ Spalding are in Polish … ALSO drivers “run sheets” are in Polish … with English underneath in smaller type-face. Says it all really :unamused: :unamused:

The Rustler:
All notices in the traffic office @ Spalding are in Polish … ALSO drivers “run sheets” are in Polish … with English underneath in smaller type-face. Says it all really :unamused: :unamused:

Yeah…its saying British drivers dont want the work…

AndrewG:

The Rustler:

I’ll be honest and say although the work is a doddle I’d seriously think twice about working somewhere where I’m a long way in the minority.

AndrewG:

The Rustler:

What would be your theory as to why British drivers don’t want to work for Freshlinc?

Harry Monk:

AndrewG:

The Rustler:

What would be your theory as to why British drivers don’t want to work for Freshlinc?

How the chuff have we come to this,
Also a British driver may not want to work for freshlinc due to there been a lot of weekend work,British kids go to school Monday to Friday and family men want a weekend with there kids…
Since this influx of EE lads firms seem to want folk to work weekends like it’s a normal weekday,
I do my fair share of Saturday work but it’s as overtime,

Sounds great for the ee lads .Not for me .I am Not doing weekends for anyone .

yorkshire terrier:

Harry Monk:

AndrewG:

The Rustler:

How the chuff have we come to this,
Also a British driver may not want to work for freshlinc due to there been a lot of weekend work,British kids go to school Monday to Friday and family men want a weekend with there kids…
Since this influx of EE lads firms seem to want folk to work weekends like it’s a normal weekday,
I do my fair share of Saturday work but it’s as overtime,

Realistically we asked for it. We wanted shops open all weekend if not 24 hrs a day convenience. As is the way one person’s convenience is another’s inconvenience.
If a weekend gets treated like any other day it’s only a matter of time before it’s paid like any other day.

As for joining a company as a minority national don’t forget that’s what the Poles did. Maybe the fact they’re now the majority in some firms says more about the UK drivers than the Poles?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:

Harry Monk:

AndrewG:

The Rustler:

Realistically we asked for it. We wanted shops open all weekend if not 24 hrs a day convenience. As is the way one person’s convenience is another’s inconvenience.
If a weekend gets treated like any other day it’s only a matter of time before it’s paid like any other day.

As for joining a company as a minority national don’t forget that’s what the Poles did. Maybe the fact they’re now the majority in some firms says more about the UK drivers than the Poles?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I remember being asked to sign the petition for Sunday opening outside my local Sainsburys. The canvasser actually looked astonished when I refused but I was in the minority it seems, hey ho. Double time for Sunday work was the norm prior to Sunday opening, certainly isn’t now. I work Mon-Fri. :slight_smile:

DP//

Harry Monk:

AndrewG:

The Rustler:

I would say its not wanting to be in amongst those not indigenous to the UK. EE’s though in the main are a friendly bunch but seem to be seen in a different light by (some) brit drivers. The language barrier may also be seen as a put off but personally would see it as an opportunity to learn the lingo. I was in the same boat years ago with C.E.T.VA SL the co. i sub for but soon mixed in and now accepted as one of their own even though i do still get the p1ss taken with some of my pronounciacions.
Being in a minority isnt always so bad…

AndrewG:
EE’s though in the main are a friendly bunch but seem to be seen in a different light by (some) brit drivers.

I’ve yet to come across one who isn’t. In fact they can seem over-enthusiastic compared to Brits, you very rarely see them whining like we do. The ones who don’t tend to appear to be are those who aren’t sure about their English so tend to stay quiet instead of speaking but if you start to talk to them, even just saying hello to them to start off with it doesn’t take too long before they open up more.

AndrewG:

Harry Monk:

AndrewG:

The Rustler:

I would say its not wanting to be in amongst those not indigenous to the UK. EE’s though in the main are a friendly bunch but seem to be seen in a different light by (some) brit drivers. The language barrier may also be seen as a put off but personally would see it as an opportunity to learn the lingo. I was in the same boat years ago with C.E.T.VA SL the co. i sub for but soon mixed in and now accepted as one of their own even though i do still get the p1ss taken with some of my pronounciacions.
Being in a minority isnt always so bad…

I think I’d be more inclined to go with Yorkshire Terrier’s suggestion that the job requires regular weekend work which isn’t necessarily suitable to drivers with children of school age. I wouldn’t say that this constituted laziness, poor work ethic etc, many parents would place time spent with their families above the requirements of Tesco/Sainsbury’s etc. I’d speculate that EE drivers are less likely to have children based in the UK than British drivers maybe?

I wonder how many drivers who refuse to work weekends, or expect to be paid a premium to work weekends, expect to be served in a shop on a Sunday. …

Conor:

AndrewG:
EE’s though in the main are a friendly bunch but seem to be seen in a different light by (some) brit drivers.

I’ve yet to come across one who isn’t. In fact they can seem over-enthusiastic compared to Brits, you very rarely see them whining like we do. The ones who don’t tend to appear to be are those who aren’t sure about their English so tend to stay quiet instead of speaking but if you start to talk to them, even just saying hello to them to start off with it doesn’t take too long before they open up more.

typical EE man speak short by life.If man speak all the time and about nothing that this is no good and show who this man have low intellect level.

the nodding donkey:
I wonder how many drivers who refuse to work weekends, or expect to be paid a premium to work weekends, expect to be served in a shop on a Sunday. …

Not me,I would gladly see supermarkets shut on a Sunday,always found the Asian man on the corner useful if I desperately need something but it wouldn’t be a problem to me if supermarkets ■■■■ Sunday’s,
Weekends are weekends and I do work them but I expect a premium for doing so