Air duster hissing

Hi guys I have just got a air duster for my scania r450 works fine but it seems to hiss non stop is this how they are meant to be or have I connected it wrong any help is much appreciated cheers

If it’s hissing it’s losing air. To see where the leak is use some soapy water. If it’s a minor leak turn up the volume of the radio.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Rodneytrotter89:
Hi guys I have just got a air duster for my scania r450 works fine but it seems to hiss non stop is this how they are meant to be or have I connected it wrong any help is much appreciated cheers

Are you sure it’s a genuine Scania duster? Volvo ones work on a different pressure and are not interchangeable.

Wheel Nut:

Rodneytrotter89:

Are you sure it’s a genuine Scania duster? Volvo ones work on a different pressure and are not interchangeable.

I brought it from truck stop it’s not one for scania it’s self is it worth getting one from scania instead ?

:slight_smile:

Franglais:
If it’s hissing it’s losing air. To see where the leak is use some soapy water. If it’s a minor leak turn up the volume of the radio.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Guaranteed method to fix most faults. :sunglasses:

Rodneytrotter89:

Wheel Nut:

Rodneytrotter89:

I brought it from truck stop it’s not one for scania it’s self is it worth getting one from scania instead ?

Only if you want to be ripped off. Normally just twisting the connector around a bit stops the leak

Somewhere like Pirtek is also a decent place to try if looking for bits for it

Where do you have it, plugged into the dash or into the seat?

The truckstop ones for the dash can be a pain, I had loads of bother with mine, better off tapping into the seat.

Edit: Scania one is a rip off, don’t bother.

I couldn’t understand the instructions on the All Ride Universal

Wheel Nut:
I couldn’t understand the instructions on the All Ride Universal

Get knife ,cut pipe, insert tee bit, connect duster,then blow your self

toonsy:
Somewhere like Pirtek is also a decent place to try if looking for bits for it

There’s ^^^ the correct answer, there’s usually a Pirtek or similar type of Co tucked away on most industrial estates, easy access and £’s cheaper than the manufacturer prices.

I got the scania one from keltruck, £31 ish including vat.
After reading reviews on the truckstop and eBay ones I decided not to waste my money. It’s bang on and compared to the cheap ones I’ve used its very well made with a good length wire/tube whatever it’s called :laughing:
I’d recommend.

I’ve tapped into the seat on mine, just behind yer heel board at bottom of seat mount.
Screwfix also do the gun parts for about £5 ish, had mine for over a year n still going strong.
Hope you sort the leak, maybe just a poor connection give all parts a twist.

Blow your dust off the floor into your air vents, food cupboards and bedding [emoji23]

Wheel Nut:
Blow your dust off the floor into your air vents, food cupboards and bedding [emoji23]

Not something I have done personally, I tend to open both doors and blow gun with the prevailing wind.
Although judging from your earlier post about not understanding set up instructions, I can understand how/why you’d blow dust everywhere!! :wink:

Whoosh! [emoji23] [emoji227]

Any screw on connectors that haven’t got PTFE tape on the threads? Could it be that’s where the noise is coming from rather than the gun.

Wheel Nut:

:unamused: I’ve clearly missed something, my bad. :unamused:

Old Scuffer:

Wheel Nut:

:unamused: I’ve clearly missed something, my bad. :unamused:

I think that was Wheel Nuts impression of a leaking air duster. :wink: