And another one.

plymouthherald.co.uk/news/l … nt=sitemap

4 and half times over the limit.

Just beggars belief.

Lowest Common Denominator rules apply.

This is what happens when a job is dumbed down to LCD level so any cheap fool can do it, you get cheap fools/dummies.

I saw this on Facebook last night. As was posted there surely there must have been some sort of indication or smell that he had been drinking and he shouldn’t have been given the keys?

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear he’d been drinking en route, topping up from the night before.

TiredAndEmotional:
I wouldn’t be surprised to hear he’d been drinking en route, topping up from the night before.

Quite probably, but even topping up he must have been a fair way over to start with

Probably drinking to keep last nites hangover at bay

Juddian:

This is what happens when a job is dumbed down to LCD level so any cheap fool can do it, you get cheap fools/dummies.

Nothing to do with it.

simcor:
Lorry driver charged with drink-driving - Plymouth Live

Just beggars belief.

When they found POlish drivers that police post-we found driver from Poland who …When they found Brits drivers with alkohol that they not post who drivers mister James or Steve or…

Andrejs:

simcor:

Just beggars belief.

When they found POlish drivers that police post-we found driver from Poland who …When they found Brits drivers with alkohol that they not post who drivers mister James or Steve or…

■■? :question:

Andrejs:

simcor:

Just beggars belief.

The fact that they haven’t given his nationality would lead you to believe that it is a British driver

I think it’s fair to assume that this wasn’t a legacy from the previous night’s drinking, which means he had a few whilst in charge of that lorry, now the guy obviously has a drinking problem, but he must have been in some state of sobriety when he started the trip. I think that deserves a spell at Her Majesty’s pleasure.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Juddian:

For once Juddian I have to disagree with you. The man was a bloody fool, no doubt about that, and I sincerely hope he loses his vocational entitlement for a very long time; but I fail to see what todays allegedly lower standards have to do with it. Back in the day, down at the infamous Newport Cattle Market, there was a hard-core of boys who regularly got well plastered in the Picton or the Alma and could often be observed weaving back to their cabs (and occasionally failing to make the distance) in the small hours; only to be setting off again at six o’clock sharp. The police station, as you probably know, was just round the corner, but you never saw a bobby question anyone about it, in fact you rarely saw a bobby.

If anything standards in this area are higher, and tolerances lower, than they’ve ever been; random breath and drug testing by employers for example is an accepted part of the game these days. The mystery is how he managed to get in and out of Magor without being rumbled if he was that hammered, and Tesco will no doubt be asking some pretty serious questions of the duty supervisors. I don’t particularly buy the theory that he only started boozing once he left the site.

Mazzer2:

Andrejs:

simcor:

Just beggars belief.

The fact that they haven’t given his nationality would lead you to believe that it is a British driver

Yes.But why they post nationality when bad drivers Polish or Romanian.Must post nationality all the time or never.

Andrejs:

Mazzer2:

Andrejs:

simcor:

Just beggars belief.

Yes.But why they post nationality when bad drivers Polish or Romanian.Must post nationality all the time or never.

Why? As I said the fact that no nationality was given leads you to concur that the person is British

That’s his point. He’s saying if it was a foreign driver it would’ve been mentioned

toonsy:
That’s his point. He’s saying if it was a foreign driver it would’ve been mentioned

I agree but the point being is that the majority of people in Britain are British therefore the assumption is that he is British unless stated otherwise. We don’t say a British mugger robbed a British couple at knifepoint in the centre of London so why should this be any different.

Mazzer2:

toonsy:

I agree but the point being is that the majority of people in Britain are British therefore the assumption is that he is British unless stated otherwise. We don’t say a British mugger robbed a British couple at knifepoint in the centre of London so why should this be any different.

Honestly I’m not fussed about anything else I was just trying to convey the point made by Andrejs :slight_smile:

Sidevalve:

Juddian:

For once Juddian I have to disagree with you. The man was a bloody fool, no doubt about that, and I sincerely hope he loses his vocational entitlement for a very long time; but I fail to see what todays allegedly lower standards have to do with it. Back in the day, down at the infamous Newport Cattle Market, there was a hard-core of boys who regularly got well plastered in the Picton or the Alma and could often be observed weaving back to their cabs (and occasionally failing to make the distance) in the small hours; only to be setting off again at six o’clock sharp. The police station, as you probably know, was just round the corner, but you never saw a bobby question anyone about it, in fact you rarely saw a bobby.

If anything standards in this area are higher, and tolerances lower, than they’ve ever been; random breath and drug testing by employers for example is an accepted part of the game these days. The mystery is how he managed to get in and out of Magor without being rumbled if he was that hammered, and Tesco will no doubt be asking some pretty serious questions of the duty supervisors. I don’t particularly buy the theory that he only started boozing once he left the site.

Whilst there are more boxes to tick and hoops to jump through than before, the job gets ever further cheapened down, which inevitably leads to almost anything that can stand on its hind legs gets handed the keys, basically because they need a bum on that lorry seat.

Directly employed drivers in good jobs worth keeping don’t do stupid stuff like this, if for no other reason than the employer can be choosy, if they develop a drink or drug or other problem during employ a switched on admin/management with equally good jobs to look after start the ball rolling.

toonsy:

Mazzer2:

toonsy:

Honestly I’m not fussed about anything else I was just trying to convey the point made by Andrejs :slight_smile:

Fair one :smiley:

Mazzer2:

toonsy:

Maybe the question is the relevance of those details?
If a ginger haired person was drunk driving would that be mentioned? Or a person with cauliflower ears? Both minority groups.
Probably not because we all know that hair colour, or the state of our lug holes isnt really relevant to the offence. The implication is someones origin is relevant to the offence. It may not be open, or even conscious, but isn`t it still prejudice?
It is a delicate balance though.