How it should be

just had a walk to my local Tesco store , and passed 4 polish trucks parked up for the weekend (agromex) and the drivers have set up a makeshift table and seating in the back of one of the trailers. they seem to be having a good craic laughing and joking amongst themselves. surely this is a better idea than shutting the curtains and isolating oneself from human contact. don’t get me wrong ,I enjoy a good film and I use my computer (such as now ) but as someone who lives alone I enjoy a bit o craic when I get the opportunity. but it seems that drivers (or perhaps its people in general) want to finish work and spend their time alone .

syramax:
just had a walk to my local Tesco store , and passed 4 polish trucks parked up for the weekend (agromex) and the drivers have set up a makeshift table and seating in the back of one of the trailers. they seem to be having a good craic laughing and joking amongst themselves. surely this is a better idea than shutting the curtains and isolating oneself from human contact. don’t get me wrong ,I enjoy a good film and I use my computer (such as now ) but as someone who lives alone I enjoy a bit o craic when I get the opportunity. but it seems that drivers (or perhaps its people in general) want to finish work and spend their time alone .

Go sit and listen to some of the pish that your run of the mill UK plobber spews in the likes of waiting rooms and such and then ask what’s more attractive, peace and quiet or a weekend of that?

I’m only ever weekended on the continent, I spend most of my weekends walking, eating and drinking beer in the sunshine, alone. Its brilliant.

Thats normal practice for EE drivers when weekended together…the brits did it the best way by meeting at well known truckstops: Geiselwind, Cheb Hotel, The containers, the windmill…etc the all get ■■■■■■ over the weekend, and eat ourself silly…we never cooked till we got out of the Eu…as our money was sufficient…always met up again at the borders…where we often sat for 12 - 14 hours…and someone always had the kettle on, of course there were other favourite meeting places and watering holes en route as well…its just that the EE drivers dont have the money we had, and we never saw them until we got into the Londra…where there were many, the reason we left the Londra for Octay…was because the rates were going up for us, to subsidise them…so we said goodbye, for a much better truckstop, with good food, cheap as well,. and good clean modern showers and toilets.

truckyboy covers it, they don’t have a choice sometimes other then to park up and share rations in a layby.

All depend from drivers.Some drivers prefer seat in cab and watch tv ot use internet and not contact so much to another drivers.But some drivers who like drink alcohol like all day seating in trailer drink more or less and talk near all day.I think nay drivers who not drink alcohol will not seat in trailer.

Given the level of some drivers conversation, a little booze may be necessary to make socializing bearable ! Obviously, not so with any of the members here, however. :slight_smile: Youre all very nice.

If i was weekended away i too would be sat round a table with some like minded muckers emptying a few bottles and making the most of it.

It is how it should be ideally. But you notice all the foreign ones do stick together. It’s us English that don’t. We are to reseved… All foreign trucks seem park up chat to each other etc. English don’t. Unless it’s a driver from same company . We tend sit there watch tv etc .me personally I try park up someware where can get out go for a walk for about an hour. Try make it near a town centre or retail park so can go for a walk round shops be nosey find a Wetherspoons or sit it chippy for tea then head back. As I spend all day in my truck. And like get out eat out when I can

Its share and share alike, ill offer what i have and probably get a bowl of stewed up chorba of some sorts in return. Much better to get the chair out and talk/■■■■ take round a table with other fellow drivers even if sometimes the lingo goes over your head. Beats being bored in front of the tv…