Car Satnav in Truck

Another driver told me last week that car satnavs in trucks are against the law now - He said they must be truck satnavs where height and weight can be put in.
Is this true?

aposhark:
Another driver told me last week that car satnavs in trucks are against the law now - He said they must be truck satnavs where height and weight can be put in.
Is this true?

No.

TheUncaringCowboy:

aposhark:
Is this true?

No.

Thanks.

It only applies to Stobrats drivers.

No such law whatsoever…car sat navs were around before a trucknav…buit others it seems are prepared not to update…hence getting stuck, or turning their trailers into flatbeds…ha ha

aposhark:
Is this true?

I know that driver- he told me that if you don’t wind your landing legs all the way up, VOSA fine you £30 for each turn of the handle. :stuck_out_tongue:

aposhark:
Is this true?

:laughing:
I used a car sat nav for years before getting a hgv one,it’s you that controls the vehicle not the sat nav…lame excuse for anyone blaming a sat nav for hitting a bridge or getting stuck.

Anyone who ■■■■■ up and says “my sat nav took me that way” should instantly have their licence taken anyway…

aposhark:

TheUncaringCowboy:

aposhark:
Is this true?

No.

Thanks.

Are you still considering being a CPC trainer: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149812&p=2372267#p2372267

:wink:

Harry Monk:

aposhark:
Is this true?

I know that driver- he told me that if you don’t wind your landing legs all the way up, VOSA fine you £30 for each turn of the handle. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I did my class 1 training I was told it was £60 per complete turn.

sammym:

Harry Monk:

aposhark:
Is this true?

When I did my class 1 training I was told it was £60 per complete turn.

60 quid for each turn in high gear. 30 quid if in low gear. And you as the driver get to choose which range.
Some people just don`t know the rules!

Harry Monk:

aposhark:
Is this true?

He’s changed his tune then, was 1k when I spoke to him.
It was also 1k per pallet on the top deck of a decker that didn’t have a label on it stating the weight of the pallet…

Harry Monk:

aposhark:
Is this true?

Is this the same driver,who told you about the rozzers downloading your tacho via Bluetooth,while your driving.

mrginge:
Are you still considering being a CPC trainer: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149812&p=2372267#p2372267

:wink:

No, the hourly rate wasn’t enough, but full marks for your memory and/or stalking ability :laughing: :laughing:

Dav1d:
It was also 1k per pallet on the top deck of a decker that didn’t have a label on it stating the weight of the pallet…

I want a payrise, thats going to cost me at least 10K a night! I assume it does it get discounted for night drivers? :slight_smile:

aposhark:
Is this true?

Yeah I was told this gem too, I was reasonably sure it was just ‘RDC waffle’ being passed on, not that it bothered me as I have a truck specific satnav anyway.

In all my years and blue plastic RDC chairs I’ve parked my arse on I’ve never had the ‘legs thing’ said to me though, I have to wonder how many people have actually had this said to them and how many just re-account the story as if it had been said to them?

I have had the “chalk on tyres and a bay each side cordoned off by the plod” story told to me once though. :unamused:

Reef:
In all my years and blue plastic RDC chairs I’ve parked my arse on I’ve never had the ‘legs thing’ said to me though, I have to wonder how many people have actually had this said to them and how many just re-account the story as if it had been said to them?

Uummm…
So you`re disputing the veracity… of rumours… of imaginary laws…
:smiley:

biggriffin:
Is this the same driver,who told you about the rozzers downloading your tacho via Bluetooth,while your driving.

I wouldnt put that out of the realms of possibility in the near future though!

It prob comes from stuff like this where anyone using a car sat nav is the devil incarnate and the truck ones are only a tiny bit more expensive…hmm. :slight_smile:

commercialfleet.org/news/tr … ial-satnav

Theres also loads of reports that councils say we can’t use car ones, but non say its illegal.

truckyboy:
No such law whatsoever…car sat navs were around before a trucknav…buit others it seems are prepared not to update…hence getting stuck, or turning their trailers into flatbeds…ha ha

Google Maps will be more up to date than any truck satnav you can buy.

Car sat navs in a truck is fine, i have one. A little known law though and although not a common sight is brushed on tartan paint on the wheel rims, they attract a £50 fine for each one. Elbow grease on the fifth wheel is another no no…