Car Satnav in Truck

aposhark:

robroy:

Beetlejuice:
£300 is nothing in the scheme of things ,Especially for new lads/ladies just starting out .

Imo.it’s the worst thing a new driver can buy.
How is he going to actually LEARN how to do the job properly if a thing stuck to his windscreen is telling him absolutely every little thing to do from spoon feeding to when to wipe his own arse.
I’ve seen me even with my experience use a sat nav to get somewhere (after checking of course),and could I hell give anybody any directions afterwards, and that is just a basic car sat nav.
This is why we have so many terminally crap and pathetic truck ‘‘drivers’’ today…, initiative is a redundant concept. :bulb:

That makes sense if the driver can stop and take the time to look at road maps.
Lots of runs are so time-critical and some jobs don’t allow the driver to stop - Hermes and DPD don’t allow the drivers to stop when the trailer has parcels on for example.

Yeh, well there is no way in hell I would work for one of those type outfits anyway, so it doesn’t apply to me.
How anybody can put up with some ■■■■ in an office, pushing and monitoring them to that level and extent beggars belief in my book tbh mate. :unamused: