Incredible!

Beggers belief! :open_mouth:

:open_mouth: bloody hell!

Well, it’s an IVECO, it was bound to fall off at some point.

Seriously though, judging by the state of the discs, it’s been missing for some time. How can you not notice?

didn’t the yanks use to remove the front brakes on their big rig’s in the past ?.

Perhaps he got pulled in the first place because of the blank registration? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s one way of encouraging fuel economy… :open_mouth:

m.a.n rules:
didn’t the yanks use to remove the front brakes on their big rig’s in the past ?.

They didn’t fit them, hence the reason importing old yank rigs was a pain, O and 12v electricity,…

biggriffin:

m.a.n rules:

They didn’t fit them, hence the reason importing old yank rigs was a pain, O and 12v electricity,…

thanks for that bg.

I could be wrong but that looks like the trailer rather than the unit …if it is the front then the driver must have arms like Popeye to hold it in line .

mick palmer:
I could be wrong but that looks like the trailer rather than the unit …if it is the front then the driver must have arms like Popeye to hold it in line .

*Popoveyeski

mick palmer:

+1 :slight_smile:.

In the oldern days many a euro-trucker would come back with axles chained up, drums removed, and hubs not there, O and 200 extra Marlboro.

I do remember ( I can’t forget it really ) going over Woodhead before it was widened and having no brakes going downhill towards the Flouch . Got back to the yard and found the only brakes that worked was the units front steering axle. Those were the days …not .

biggriffin:

mick palmer:

+1 :slight_smile:.

In the oldern days many a euro-trucker would come back with axles chained up, drums removed, and hubs not there, O and 200 extra Marlboro.

Had to do that a short while ago, didnt need to chain the axle up but blocked off a brake chamber and removed the drum on one of our old VanHools…the shoes what was left of them fell out on the floor… :stuck_out_tongue:

DVSA yay muppets!
It was the trailer and not the tractor, SAF axle if I recall correctly?
Also must have been a foreigner as cant see many if any UK drivers carrying the tools and the know how to remove a calliper.

Trickydick:
DVSA yay muppets!
Also must have been a foreigner as cant see many if any UK drivers carrying the tools and the know how to remove a calliper.

Professionals? Not many drivers even carry a crow-bar and hammer anymore.
Even if they did their wrists would collapse under the strain of a good wack… :smiley:

Franglais:

Trickydick:
DVSA yay muppets!

Even if they did their wrists would collapse under the strain of a good wack… :smiley:

Socket/ screwdriver sets, spanners, sledge hammer, breaker bar, zip ties, duct tape, chains , bottle jack and a big extension bar for cracking myself over the head with… :stuck_out_tongue:… :blush:

How many of us would pick that up on a walk round when you pick up a trailer. I’m guessing very few. I seem to remember VOSA released their own video on walkarounds where they said they don’t expect drivers to be mechanics and be getting under vehicles. The CPC Module 4 only requires you to make sure the brakes work by rolling forward a foot or two and stopping. Maybe the driver of this one admitted to being complicit.

DJC:
How many of us would pick that up on a walk round when you pick up a trailer. I’m guessing very few. I seem to remember VOSA released their own video on walkarounds where they said they don’t expect drivers to be mechanics and be getting under vehicles. The CPC Module 4 only requires you to make sure the brakes work by rolling forward a foot or two and stopping. Maybe the driver of this one admitted to being complicit.

I would expect(hope!) myself to notice disks not being swept, when looking across to check the sidewalls on the inside and for anything caught around the axles. I have a peek at the front and lift axle disks on the unit too. Drums/drive axles are a different matter of course.

EDIT: You might be right about the Driver being complicit, or maybe VOSA take the line that you can see disks so should have noticed.

DJC:

Always without fail ill get underneath our old tilts to check anything hanging off and the inside edges of the tyre sidewalls for bulges/splits ect. Tbf though although they belong to our company theyre not always pulled by us and get dragged all over europe by all and sundry and damage is rarely reported…

AndrewG:

Franglais:

Trickydick:
DVSA yay muppets!

Socket/ screwdriver sets, spanners, sledge hammer, breaker bar, zip ties, duct tape, chains , bottle jack and a big extension bar for cracking myself over the head with… :stuck_out_tongue:… :blush:

Noting your location I should have said not many UK drivers would carry tools of any description.