Driver car parking @ Stena Birkenhead

Any drivers know if you can leave
Car parked up whilst away all
Week in Lorry —out of Stena Birkenhead

All depends where you want to leave it…i doubt if you can leave it in the port…unless you get permission…if your worried about the battery…shouldnt be a problem…if your taking over the truck in the port, then ask a mate if he can drive you there…or can you not park in its depot ?

Yeah just finding out if the co got spaces
Or yard nearby !!
Otherwise it’s a lift or buy a £200 quid
Cheap banger to leave somewhere near
maybe

Have I got this right, your employer wants you to drive your car to the port to pick up the lorry and leave your car there for the week, rather than report to the yard for him to arrange how to get you to the port? That will all be ‘other work’ on the tacho as well.

cav551:
Have I got this right, your employer wants you to drive your car to the port to pick up the lorry and leave your car there for the week, rather than report to the yard for him to arrange how to get you to the port? That will all be ‘other work’ on the tacho as well.

Surely that’ll depend on where the driver is based. Not where the company is based.
Quite possibly a UK driver being based in Birkenhead working for an Irish company. Getting there is the employee’s responsibility.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

cav551:

Do you record your drive to work as other work? No. So why would he? He’s collecting his truck from the port where it’s based. Not uncommon at all. Plenty Irish firms park trucks in the ports for UK based drivers.

You’d be able to leave it in the foot passenger car park outside the entrance to the terminal. Not everyone going on the ferry wants to take their car.

cav551:

Are you actually for real? The port obviously is the yard in this instance.

When you drive to the shops do you record that as other work? What about cutting the grass or doing the dishes?

Edit:-

By your logic he should drive from home to the port, get the boat over, drive to the yard then get his employer to work out how to get him to the port (back on the original side of the water), to pick up the truck.

Genius.

Yes im a uk based driver working for northern ireland co - so the truck is based from
Birkenhead Stena-- as thats where the trailers arrive/depart

Ive seen you can park at the passenger terminal car park for a fee per day— i may get the wife to drop me off till i can sus it out

Thanks. Jonlad

Surely the employer should be giving you some help with this ?

If it was my operation, I`d be letting you know where you need to park your car, and that it would be safe ect…

Or, am I being too helpful ?

I have asked the Question---- waiting for answer—im collecting truck on Sunday

And i did ask when enquiring about the job

Its a new car i have—and dont wanna leave it just on the road!!!

Only hour away so may get lift until i can sort secure/safe parking

You’ll be fine. I just park up and get in the lorry. Left it there a few times never any problems. I don’t ask so they can’t refuse!

I went through Cairnryan last night on the graveyard sailing in my car. I swear that place is the End of the World. It’s so desolate, so devoid of hope :laughing: :laughing:

I might start using Birkenhead instead. Not a huge fan of ferries so try and avoid time on them :laughing:

Have had the nod-- permission to leave car onsite @ stena!
Result

Keep on Trucking!

Freight Dog:
I went through Cairnryan last night on the graveyard sailing in my car. I swear that place is the End of the World. It’s so desolate, so devoid of hope [emoji38] [emoji38]

I might start using Birkenhead instead. Not a huge fan of ferries so try and avoid time on them [emoji38]

Sure only a wee village with the houses on one side which do have a nice view out over Lough Ryan.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Which NI firm you starting with■■?

Wilson Bulk Haulage-- Newry Co Down

Do you know them Bigtruck?

Are they good to go

Big Truck:

Freight Dog:
I went through Cairnryan last night on the graveyard sailing in my car. I swear that place is the End of the World. It’s so desolate, so devoid of hope [emoji38] [emoji38]

I might start using Birkenhead instead. Not a huge fan of ferries so try and avoid time on them [emoji38]

Sure only a wee village with the houses on one side which do have a nice view out over Lough Ryan.

Nah the place is like purgatory. It’s a feeling of waiting between one world and the next :laughing:

My folks moved from Herts briefly to the Orkney islands when I was a kid. We lived and ran a run down farm (I’m not joking) . I never forget how desolate that was. Maybe it reminds me of Orkney. Since then I’ve no romantic ideals about some places :laughing:

JON LAD:
Wilson Bulk Haulage-- Newry Co Down

Do you know them Bigtruck?

Are they good to go

Replied to your PM there.
Don’t know them really but did see them looking drivers on a FB truckers forum somewhere.

Yeah thats it off. Fb… Shippin tractor n trl with first load on Sat sailing
So i be good to go Sunday… Uk bulker haulage

Sending a Volvo im told…not sure if its a Fh4…or Fh13…

Got plenty of work from what ive seen/read

JON LAD:
Yeah thats it off. Fb… Shippin tractor n trl with first load on Sat sailing
So i be good to go Sunday… Uk bulker haulage

Sending a Volvo im told…not sure if its a Fh4…or Fh13…

Got plenty of work from what ive seen/read

[emoji106] Hope all goes well lad.