Seat belts.

With the increasing fitting of drivers seatbelts within the seat itself does anyone find the belt sitting across the lower neck rather than over the shoulder? On door pillars most, if not all have some height adjustment but the only truck I’ve driven with height adjustment on the seat is a Merc Actros.

Do the foam comfort sleeves help? Are there any other suggestions to get the belt back over the shoulder.

My DAF seat has height adjustment on upper seat mounting. I use one of those sleeve things to go over the belt. I found it stops the belt rubbing against clothing. The sleeve stays on my t-shirt and the belt wears against the sleeve.
Previously my t-shirt wouldn’t last more than a few years before holes appeared on the shoulder.

[emoji6]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I have a seat belt plug thing cut from an old one, it stops the beeper beeping and no seat belt digging in anywhere, win win.

Seat belt extender - about £4 off eBay etc

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

TheUncaringCowboy:
I have a seat belt plug thing cut from an old one, it stops the beeper beeping and no seat belt digging in anywhere, win win.

Wait until you get a ticket in the post, from a camera van, they don’t only record speeding…

Also get caught in a dvsa check with that fitted.

We have MAN’s at my STEF depot, but not all of the belts cut into my neck, really strange. I keep thinking of buying one of those belt covers.

pierrot 14:
We have MAN’s at my STEF depot, but not all of the belts cut into my neck, really strange. I keep thinking of buying one of those belt covers.

After driving our MANs, I feel like I need a ■■■■■■ transplant. Don’t have the problem with our DAF or IVECO.

Captain Caveman 76:

pierrot 14:

After driving our MANs, I feel like I need a ■■■■■■ transplant. Don’t have the problem with our DAF or IVECO.

No Cavey, the ■■■■■■■ are fine, just my neck that gets the pain

Judging by the physique of the average trucker, ■■■■■■ chaffing can be avoided by pulling the seatbelt under the moobs and using it to give extra support as an underwire bra

I never wear a truck seat belt so cant say I notice a difference

I am 5ft tall.

Doesn’t matter on make or adjustment, I just feel like I am being garotted all the time

I believe it used to be the case, that if a belt was fitted to the seat, and not to the bodywork, it wasnt obligatory to wear one as it was deemed not part of the vehicle…i assume that may have changed.

iv a “fake seatbelt” a short triangle of rigid black plastic that sits onto seat top giving the appearance to anyone looking from outside at a glance that im actually wearing a seatbelt

keep thinking i should sell them online !

Flabbergasted.

truckyboy:
I believe it used to be the case, that if a belt was fitted to the seat, and not to the bodywork, it wasnt obligatory to wear one as it was deemed not part of the vehicle…i assume that may have changed.

Your belief is mistaken.

P Stoff:
Flabbergasted.

Me too.

Can’t believe all these people have no regard for themselves, their family and the emergency services who may find them.

Selfish doesn’t touch it…

Darkside:

P Stoff:
Flabbergasted.

Me too.

Can’t believe all these people have no regard for themselves, their family and the emergency services who may find them.

Selfish doesn’t touch it…

First question an injury lawyer would ask " were you wearing a seat belt?".
Think on

TheUncaringCowboy:

Or…

Lose lose when the insurance company/your company/third party insurer refuse to pay you any compensation for injuries sustained whilst not wearing a seat belt.

corij:
iv a “fake seatbelt” a short triangle of rigid black plastic that sits onto seat top giving the appearance to anyone looking from outside at a glance that im actually wearing a seatbelt

keep thinking i should sell them online !

Just…

WOW!

I’m almost speechless at such a galactically sized dumbassed idea.

yourhavingalarf:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Or…

Lose lose when the insurance company/your company/third party insurer refuse to pay you any compensation for injuries sustained whilst not wearing a seat belt.

Or…

I don’t injure myself and I don’t live my life worrying about what a third party insurer thinks of me or what they will do in an event that has miniscule odds of happening.