8 legs and he still fell over

walesonline.co.uk/news/wale … r-14545920

A road has been blocked due to an overturned lorry.

The A4067 Glan Yr Avon at Ynisydarren Road, which is located near Asda in Ystalyfera, remains partially blocked.

The road was closed until 12pm, work is still ongoing to recover the lorry but traffic is now managing to pass.

South Wales Police have apologised for any delays.

Mid and West Wales Fire Service were present at the scene.

A spokesman for the fire service, said: "Crews from Pontardawe and Abercrave were called to a road traffic collision, involving one heavy goods vehicle.

"Firefighters were involved with casualty care, of one male casualty who was released from the vehicle prior to the arrival of the Fire Service, and making the vehicle safe.

“The Police and Ambulance Service were also in attendance. The Fire Service left the incident at 10:43am.”

DbD3i-oXkAEtC-v.jpg

Right outside the Junction Cafe one of the best around I bet the girls weren’t happy with the entrance being blocked !!

Why have South Wales police apologised? I assume that it wasn’t one of them driving!

‘Eight legger’… an old term not really used much anymore…

AndrewG:

No. We used to say “Arachnid” I believe…

AndrewG:

Must be a regional thing then as it’s still a common term in my part of the country.

Four axles now old boy…:slight_smile:

I call them 8 leggers too!

AndrewG:

Yeah, but you is furrin now, Andrew. 8 legger to me. I am old though!

yes eight legger/wheeler . p.s albion i knew id see your name in light’s one day. :slight_smile:

As a certified CSI…may i say that those railings look quite new, and worth a few quid to a local council…or highways authority…just my observation. Hope the driver was ok. just a new n/s mirror, and jobs a good un. :smiley:

truckyboy:
As a certified CSI…may i say that those railings look quite new, and worth a few quid to a local council…or highways authority…just my observation. Hope the driver was ok. just a new n/s mirror, and jobs a good un. :smiley:

Bit of tracking up on the front steerers wouldn’t go amiss too!

I still use the term 8 legger regularly, also 6 legger when describing a three axle tractor unit. Unfortunately I’m finding it increasingly difficult to shoehorn “Chinese 6” into everyday conversations. :wink:

the maoster:
I still use the term 8 legger regularly, also 6 legger when describing a three axle tractor unit. Unfortunately I’m finding it increasingly difficult to shoehorn “Chinese 6” into everyday conversations. :wink:

Surprised Chinese six’s are not more common in the UK especially with diminishing loads.

the maoster:

Yup ^^^^^

Rare as hens teeth Andrew. You’re right about the diminishing load bit though. Think the last one I saw was a brewery dray motor. Makes sense for them I suppose.

Reef:

AndrewG:

Must be a regional thing then as it’s still a common term in my part of the country.

That’s because it is still in the 20th century.

Someone forgot to press the locking clamps switch?