New Brexit and transport briefing paper

Released by parliament two days ago -

researchbriefings.files.parliame … P-7633.pdf

For those too lazy to read it, it says speed limiters will be set at 65mph and domestic only drivers will use GB rules and log books and no need for tacho cards.

Tell all your mates so they can spread the word.

I could not find. speed limiters will be set at 65mph and domestic only drivers will use GB rules and log books and no need for tacho cards. Read it four times .
Saw the bit about Maritimes I would of though stobarts have more Knowledge about that

Just had a quick skim through. Apart from the changes Steve.o noticed (Old news! Been there just over two weeks) there is one snippet:
To continue running in Eu after Brexit we’d have to sign up to the 1968 Vienna Agreement, we currently don’t have to as we’re in the EU. The Vienna Agreement means we’d have to have reg docs and plates on trailers.
So, leaving the EU means more legislation!
[emoji2] [emoji2]
Yeah, it’s minor but raises a smile surely?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Just read it and i see after brexit that all driver’s of HGVs over 7.5t have to wear rigger boots, Bluetooth earpiece, and a hi viz at all times even whilst driving. Some are going to love it some are going to hate it.

I’m not wearing riggers or a bloody earpiece! I’ve changed my mind, can I stay in? :grimacing:

Glad they are finally banning agency drivers from talking to real full time drivers,another reason I voted out the fact that we’ve had to listen to agency drivers SAS stories for years is nothing short of criminal.

TiredAndEmotional:
I’m not wearing riggers or a bloody earpiece! I’ve changed my mind, can I stay in? :grimacing:

:laughing:

Blooming heck Wandering, 45 pages ( I know they’re not all to do with transport) , might have a read after a few Calvas :laughing: :laughing:

The new legal requirement for all 7.5t drivers to inform any class 1 drivers they meet that they too are class 1 holders and are only helping out the boss comes into effect after brexit aswell.

It’s only one little chapter on heavy haulage Pierre so un petit apero will do :smiley:

wanderingstar:
It’s only one little chapter on heavy haulage Pierre so un petit apero will do :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:

wanderingstar:

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

You must be in a mellow mood already Pierrot?
Calva?
Aperitif??
And no lectures on Le Trou Normand ■■?

During a serious discussion such as this, l’ll apologise for moving it off topic and exit.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Did nobody spot the bit about class 2 drivers not being allowed in the class one drivers bogs? About bloody time too, everyone knows they’re second class drivers.

Fines for not winding the handle up far enough will now revert to GBP from Euros beforehand (Per underturn)

Temperatures for “open neck procedure” will now be based on the cabin temperature on the limiter, instead of stationary, so the heat of the engine gives a false reading.
You may now take your green tie off when the Cabin Temperature reaches 25 degrees. Don’t forget to submit your meal receipts to obtain the meal allowances as part of your wage.

The new word for “Remain” is now “Ongoing Brexit.” Non-Brexit shall no longer be spoken of as having been “kicked down the road”, since “Kicking” is now recognized as a hate crime.

The 1968 Vienna Agreement shall now be superceded by “Shuddupayourface” for the number one spot.

Drivers are not to speak to other drivers, unless they are wearing full PPM kit. Drivers not wearing the full kit, are to be challenged in their own language only, or you must go to the back of the tip queue. “Ignorance is no defence.”

Two drivers shall not be permitted in the rest rooms at once - unless they are both female.

Urban trailers are no longer permitted to drive inside the M25 - by order of the Mayor.

Transport Office Staff shall not use more than two fingers to type with. Actual qualified typists shall be laid off with a forthcoming generous redundancy package. In the name of “Diversity” there shall always be a balance of at least 50% of office staff who are intellectually challenged enough to struggle over one or two lumps of sugar in everyone’s coffee. Over-qualified staff are first-in-line for any forthcoming “Managing the surplus framework” redudancy packages.

Agency drivers will no longer be able to use carrier bags from Aldi or Lidl and will have to use Morrisons, Tesco or Asda only.

I’ll insist on my Waitrose bag thank you! You get a better class of trucker…

Ive just read the whole book, and not one word about abolishment of sleeping on a bay when your times up, or being chalk marked and the bay either side not to be used, but i did read the working day to be increased to 17 hours every day, and a legal 9 off every day, no 11`s allowed… and an employer doesnt have to pay any extra, as this is deemed a gesture of goodwill for giving a driver the work in the first place. This is also to help the recovery of the uk after brexit, as we are all in it together.

Don’t forget we will no longer be able to work more than 5 hours 59 minutes without taking at least a 31 minute break (if using a digi tacho v 1.3) to ensure there is enough time to drink three cans of special brew and check on Google maps which bits or hard ahoulder are currently not being used. Alternatively could just stop for a 45 in lane 1…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: