Flashing beacons

What is it with these nobheads, usually caring plant, that insist on having their flashing beacons going when the load isn’t oversize, overweight or slow?

That’s one of the best questions ever by a brand new member

Same as tippers,seem to think they are the 4th emergency service :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
That’s one of the best questions ever by a brand new member

Hahaha, do you mean one of the best questions or one of the stupidest? :laughing: :wink:

Well known heavy haulier from North Yorks had a truck with a VW van on a trailer week or so back at night ffs ambers on back of trailer spinning away no need just making the driver look a ■■■■■

The majority of stepframe low loaders I’ve pulled have the beacons/strobes wired to the sidelights. If the sidelights are on the beacons are as well.
Personally I’ve no issue with it if it gives me a better chance of being seen by car drivers while they’re updating their Facebook or whatever else.
Proper low loaders are often outwith standard trailer dimensions (longer/wider) and have rear steer meaning they’re lit at all time regardless of whether they have a load on or not.

Imp:
Well known heavy haulier from North Yorks had a truck with a VW van on a trailer week or so back at night ffs ambers on back of trailer spinning away no need just making the driver look a [zb].

:laughing: that’s the kinda thing I mean! I seem to see a lot of it. Are the drivers thinking it makes them look more important or something?

harrawaffa:
The majority of stepframe low loaders I’ve pulled have the beacons/strobes wired to the sidelights. If the sidelights are on the beacons are as well.
Personally I’ve no issue with it if it gives me a better chance of being seen by car drivers while they’re updating their Facebook or whatever else.
Proper low loaders are often outwith standard trailer dimensions (longer/wider) and have rear steer meaning they’re lit at all time regardless of whether they have a load on or not.

Just out of interest, we have a rear steer trailer (not a fancy lowloader but a simple, single axle 11m curtainsider) and after we got it I tried to find if it needed any extra signage / lights to be compliant with the law. As far as I could find out the answer was none.

We did put a “Caution Rear Steer” sign on the back with a couple of flashing lights that only come on when it is turning, just to make it look nice :laughing:

I’ve got some :slight_smile: , mine even go on when I’m driving round the tesco yard , in actual fact there on most of the time , if you’ve got it flaunt it :wink: :angry:

A lot of trailers are wired in to come on with side lights ours have to be switched on of ours a while back had a warning from the police for not having them on even when mt the trailer has 3 steering axles

DaveyCrocket:
What is it with these nobheads, usually caring plant, that insist on having their flashing beacons going when the load isn’t oversize, overweight or slow?

Been through this a few times on here. Some don’t have an off button or a simple plug to remove and the other reason being maybe the driver does not know where the on/off button exists.

I borrowed a trailer the other week and it took a while to figure out which plug to pull and cable tie out the way as it was an empty trailer.

Maybe your just jealous of the guys doing it in normally well spec motors?. :wink:

The low loaders were i work come on as soon as any lights are on.We cant switch them off and the trailer is wider than a standard trailer think its just a company thing.

dozy:
I’ve got some :slight_smile: , mine even go on when I’m driving round the tesco yard , in actual fact there on most of the time , if you’ve got it flaunt it :wink: :angry:

Is that what they give you in lieu of a living wage? :wink:

The beacons being on could be because it’s an mot exempt 9 ft trailer with no C number so every journey will require a movement order even empty .

Punchy Dan:
The beacons being on could be because it’s an mot exempt 9 ft trailer with no C number so every journey will require a movement order even empty .

^^^^this, my lad pulls a 9ft wide 4axle job, Cat2, think the beacons are on all time on trailer

I see them going through RDCs like that with bog standard curtainsiders :unamused:

ezydriver:
I see them going through RDCs like that with bog standard curtainsiders :unamused:

Wolf !
Seeing flashing lights everywhere normalises them.
Much more likely to ignore them if they are commonplace.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

DaveyCrocket:

dozy:

Is that what they give you in lieu of a living wage? :wink:

I’m one of those old grey / baldish ones , house paid for , girl left home , Mrs earns a good wage , pensions , so as long as I’ve got enough to watch rovers / and a few ciders I’m happy :wink: , money , how much I earn is well down the list of priorities , but a scania with beacons is up the top , and yes I’ve a switch and know how to put them on / off :laughing:

Seen one on the A1 this morning. Had a couple of scissor lifts on, not wide, slow or oversize. Two magnetic beacons on the back plugged into an adjacent socket.
“Hey everybody, look at me. I’m really important” is all it says to me.

sent using smoke signals

Franglais:

ezydriver:

Wolf !
Seeing flashing lights everywhere normalises them.
Much more likely to ignore them if they are commonplace.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Like Hi viz, the only time anyone notices it is when you are eating a full breakfast or ordering a pint at the bar