TGX door speaker upgrade?

When I was asked what I’d like in ‘my’ new truck I chose wisely but forgot how crap the standard speakers are. The little tweeters in the A pillars are fine but the door speakers are woeful. Has anybody upgraded them and got a few pointers how to get at them? If I stay at this work place I’ll be keeping the truck 5 years at least so don’t mind spending a few quid on them.

MAN do an upgraded system with a subwoofer behind the drivers seat, you loose a bit of locker space for the back end of it, but it’s great for films!

Inverter with a sound bar plugged in would be easier than trying to redo the standard speakers though. A lot easier to take out if you change vehicles.

Yeah I had an xxl a few years ago with the sub woofer…it was bloody brilliant. If I’d had thought on when the truck was being spec’d I’d have ask for it but forgot [emoji17]

I found putting some black tape over those silly little tweeters in the A pillar improved the sound of the standard system somewhat, it might also be worth find some self adhesive foam panels and attach to the rear of the door cards, stopping the speakers themselves from moving and making a better baffle so they shift air instead of moving, this should only cost pennies.

take covers off on a friday and take them to a car hifi shop tell them what they out of and they will find a speaker set that will go straight in to without having to do any mods.i got a set of pioneers for rear wall in my old daf cf as the holes where there and speaker wire was taped to wall.so all i did was measure the width took it in they show me what was good.i choose pioneer over anything took 20 misn to install.

@Fridger can you recommend me a good subwoofer?

Sorry for being off topic. I’m looking for a good sub for my ride and can’t wrap my head around which would suit me best.

Do I need to spend over $1000 to get some decent sound? I’ve been reading the reviews all over the internet and I didn’t get closer to finding a solution. Plus most reviews are hype. Blatant copy of manufacturer’s features that’s it. Now I’ve found a different site which writes more on our language. Still there are 10 subs on the page and it’s hard to choose. This website different. What I loved about the reviews were that he highlights many negatives. Best of all they are not watered down.

What are the most important things when you’re looking for a sub? Any tips?