Best truck for...

Okay so, earlier I was debating with a friend as to the best truck for tramping, I told him in regards to vehicular driving I would choose Volvo. But when it came to tramping I would choose a DAF for overall comfort. question is, what is your favourite truck? Whether it be Mercedes? Volvo? DAF? Iveco? (The iveco was put in there as a joke btw) anything which would involve tramping which would you choose and why? Lucid Dreams.

I’m employed so I don’t get to choose and therefore my motto is to make the best of what I’ve been given.

Currently in a Scania and it’s fine. Does everything I ask if it and I’ve added to it with extra mattress topper etc etc

Tramping isn’t about the truck for me. It’s what you make of it that matters

toonsy:
I’m employed so I don’t get to choose and therefore my motto is to make the best of what I’ve been given.

Currently in a Scania and it’s fine. Does everything I ask if it and I’ve added to it with extra mattress topper etc etc

Tramping isn’t about the truck for me. It’s what you make of it that matters

I totally agree with that also! It’s a “horses for courses” game, one that is not for everyone. Thanks for your response! Lucid Dreams.

Lucid-dreams:
Okay so, earlier I was debating with a friend as to the best truck for tramping, I told him in regards to vehicular driving I would choose Volvo. But when it came to tramping I would choose a DAF for overall comfort. question is, what is your favourite truck? Whether it be Mercedes? Volvo? DAF? Iveco? (The iveco was put in there as a joke btw) anything which would involve tramping which would you choose and why? Lucid Dreams.

Firstly there’s nothing wrong with Ivecos mate…end of. :unamused:
I have an Actros and I’d swap it tomorrow for one.

There is no such thing as a bad truck nowadays, just some are better or worse than others.
When I think of some of the crap I’ve driven earlier, then you would actually know what a ‘‘Crap Truck’’ is. :bulb: so would not joke about an Iveco.

All this bull about boasting because ‘‘I drive a Scania’’ :unamused: or whatever, is just schoolboy/boy racer immature ■■■■■■■■.

Anyway …best tramping truck for living space is a XXL MAN, and I’m speaking as somebody who has tramped in most type trucks over the years, from Atki Borderers with home made sleeper, to DAF Superspaces and Topliners.

Driven most makes but apart from a foray into a MAN 19/462 V10 have only bought Volvos. Imo Volvo have always been top of the tree in terms of drivability/comfort and longevity plus the most aesthetically pleasing…

Lucid-dreams:

Well I’m Agency so I get to drive just about everything. IMO the easiest trucks to drive/performance are Scania and Daf but there is no stand out truck for me.

My perfect truck would probably have the looks of a Scania or possibly Daf XF have Daf mirror controls, a Scania auto gear box, Merc Actros dash computer, Merc or Daf exhaust brake, MAN/Daf XF top line speed and have no thumping great engine cowling in the way thus permitting cross cab access. Probably offside catwalk access, place to store the grubby gloves under the drivers seat a la Scania and external light switches to the rhs of the steering wheel. Actros’ are a swine to get in and out of and the Germans whilst making good cars and tanks seem unable in my experience to manufacture vehicles where the drivers door stays open.

I like trucks with tortoise reverse (MAN/Daf) as you are less likely to have a bone crunching coupling up with a heavy trailer to hitch up to and I do like the MAN sun visor arrangement. Scania’s side window visor is a joke and Daf’s not better.

Given than that a ScandafMercMan is not available from what I’ve driven I’d probably go for a Daf XF or one of the larger powered Scanias.

robroy:

Lucid-dreams:

Firstly there’s nothing wrong with Ivecos mate…end of. :unamused:
I have an Actros and I’d swap it tomorrow for one.

There is no such thing as a bad truck nowadays, just some are better or worse than others.
When I think of some of the crap I’ve driven earlier, then you would actually know what a ‘‘Crap Truck’’ is. :bulb: so would not joke about an Iveco.

All this bull about boasting because ‘‘I drive a Scania’’ :unamused: or whatever, is just schoolboy/boy racer immature ■■■■■■■■.

Anyway …best tramping truck for living space is a XXL MAN, and I’m speaking as somebody who has tramped in most type trucks over the years, from Atki Borderers with home made sleeper, to DAF Superspaces and Topliners.

Why haven’t you taken to the Mercedes? From what I can gather from other drivers they are sort of a marmite truck? As for the MAN, no thank you, I’d rather live in a Volvo FM all week than a XXL MAN. Lucid Dreams.

Takeh Omepy

Best truck it is same like best lady.One man liked bloody and to another man brunette. One man divorce from lady and hate .But another man will live all life.Same about truck.For professional drivers all truck good.For drivers who cross fingers will all bad.If he seating long time at Tesco or short time but anyway he will moaning.

Andrejs:
Best truck it is same like best lady.One man liked bloody and to another man brunette. One man divorce from lady and hate .But another man will live all life.Same about truck.For professional drivers all truck good.For drivers who cross fingers will all bad.If he seating long time at Tesco or short time but anyway he will moaning.

Hello Andrejs! I totally agree with you about different ladies! As I said previously this is totally “horses for courses” or “different strokes” I do disagree with “for professional drivers all truck good” erm no? For example I hate driving MAN because they have a terrible turning circle and I’m not bright enough to put my foot down 3 seconds before I plan on driving across a roundabout. Lucid Dreams.

Wheel Nut:
Takeh Omepy

Hello wheel nut! I’m sorry I never quite got the gist of what you are trying to say? Either way i congratulate you upon your weight loss! It’s a pity other drivers don’t follow your example! Lucid Dreams.

AndrewG:
Driven most makes but apart from a foray into a MAN 19/462 V10 have only bought Volvos. Imo Volvo have always been top of the tree in terms of drivability/comfort and longevity plus the most aesthetically pleasing…

Hello Andrew! Honestly I couldn’t have put that better myself, volvo are, and in my opinion always will be the “creme de la creme” of the trucking world in terms of driving. Lucid Dreams.

Lucid-dreams:

Andrejs:

Hello Andrejs! I totally agree with you about different ladies! As I said previously this is totally “horses for courses” or “different strokes” I do disagree with “for professional drivers all truck good” erm no? For example I hate driving MAN because they have a terrible turning circle and I’m not bright enough to put my foot down 3 seconds before I plan on driving across a roundabout. Lucid Dreams.

Professional drivers not fast,not rush.i never see professional drivers who hate truck model so much.Another side it is half professional drivers who like just drive and use cruise control,after harsh braking.I not drive Man long time but some people talk who not bad.Volvo good but I don t lime new Volvo hand brake and cruise control button.All another ± good.