3 low mile Petes for sale

You can jump to 2.30 to see the trucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=4VOGOO0c7tI

Way overpriced.

del trotter:
Way overpriced.

I thought it meant 128,000 for all 3 not each. :confused: :open_mouth:

Probably shows the value that they are attaching to proper old school kit with loads of working life in it.That’s easier to fix and with less to go wrong and better than being tied to the built in obselence and dealer warranty dependency treadmill of a newer high tech liability.

£90k for a day cab manual rattle box with a crap engine !

Carryfast:

del trotter:
Way overpriced.

I thought it meant 128,000 for all 3 not each. :confused: :open_mouth:

Probably shows the value that they are attaching to proper old school kit with loads of working life in it.That’s easier to fix and with less to go wrong and better than being tied to the built in obselence and dealer warranty dependency treadmill of a newer high tech liability.

It’s not old school kit, they’re fully emission compliant after 2010, they have the whole alphabet soup of unreliable junk on them. EGR came in 03 builds, DPF was added on 07s and SCR joined the party in 2010.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

The big Volvo truck over there look nice. The rest look like junk. The freightliner looks to be full of old merc bits

Carryfast:

May want to watch a few episodes of Ice Road Truckers. Even in the early series a decade ago they had plenty of examples of these trucks going into limp home derated mode because the onboard computer said no.

newmercman:
It’s not old school kit, they’re fully emission compliant after 2010, they have the whole alphabet soup of unreliable junk on them. EGR came in 03 builds, DPF was added on 07s and SCR joined the party in 2010.

:open_mouth:

Blimey either the buyer got that bit all wrong or thought it was 128 grand for the lot,like me.Even that price would be too much in that case. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Could they be gliders, maybe why they were attractive? Still expensive.

fitzgeraldgliderkits.com/wh … lider-kit/

I’ve got a glider myself Del, a proper one with a CAT, not those underpowered oil leakers that Fitzgerald build. To the best of my knowledge you can only get an extended hood 389 as a glider from Peterbilt so those 388s will most likely have a ■■■■■■■ ISX in them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Steve-o:
The big Volvo truck over there look nice. The rest look like junk. The freightliner looks to be full of old merc bits

The Volvos may look nice, but all that glitters is not gold. They’re not built to the same standards as European or Scandinavian made Volvos. The interior plastics are of similar quality to a mid 80s FIAT Daily van, after a couple of months everything starts to rattle or creak, they also rust like an 80s FIAT around the seams and the bottom of the doors. They’re nice to drive though, especially with I shift, they ■■■■ all over the Paccar engines for power and fuel economy and they handle well, you can chuck em about in the bendy bits of you’re that way inclined.

Reliability wise, they’re no better or worse than any of the new trucks, far too complicated and fragile, but the dealer network is, in my experience, absolutely useless, I’ve mellowed a lot as I’ve grown older, but every dealing I’ve had with a Volvo dealer apart from buying trucks has made me want to commit acts of violence.

Steve-o:

This is the correct answer, and NMMs dinosaur looks filthy now after yesterdays snow LOL .

flat to the mat:

Steve-o:

This is the correct answer, and NMMs dinosaur looks filthy now after yesterdays snow LOL .

Not only was the old girl nice n shiny, I took the winter front off it Monday, so it was bound to snow, sorry about that lol

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

Piles of junk. Having driven Peterbuilts, KW’s, Volvo VN’s Frieghtliners I can tell you that Pete’s and KW’s are useless, try turning just a street corner, I refer to them as garden sheds. In my first company here I had a Volvo VN with a 500 ■■■■■■■ under the hood, it went into the workshop one week for repairs and they gave me a rotten old Mack to use, the second day with the Mack I got back to the yard and the boss had a brand new Pete, “You ca use that tomorrow Pat” said the boss.
I was over the moon, I had always envied the guys who drove them… One day in that shed and I returned to the yard and asked if I could have the Mack back until my Volvo was fixed ? the boss was dumbfounded, I hated ever mile driving the thing. These trucks were designed in the 60’s and basically they have hardly changed.

Oh dear, Pat you’ve become a steering wheel holder! They may have a large turning radius, but they’re not designed for urban deliveries, that’s what your little snub nosed short bunk Freightliner is for, to say they’re crap because of that is like saying a fish is no good at cycling, of course it isn’t, but put it in the environment for which it’s designed and it’s the best you can get.

newmercman:
that is like saying a fish is no good at cycling, of course it isn’t, but put it in the environment for which it’s designed and it’s the best you can get.

Also to be fair the ‘fish’ in question is along the lines of a Great White Shark in this case.Top of the food chain and a master piece of evolution. :bulb: :smiley:

Absolutely Carryfast.

I have not become a steering wheel holder :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I am just practical, driving a thing that has a turning circle about the same as the f***ing QE2 does not appeal to me :laughing:

And I don’t know what you mean by “short bunk” ? … I have to take 2 steps to walk from the driving seat to the bunk and can stand up right alongside the driving seat, something that can’t be done in either of the vehicles shown here :wink:

A pop-rivited tin can is a ‘masterpiece of evolution’?! :smiley: Give. Me. Strength. :wink:

And you’ve driven one how many times?

I’ve done a million miles in them and rate them highly enough to spend my own money on them, I bought a couple of 21st century Volvos too and it’s doubtful I’ll ever buy another.