Bermondsey route info please

Just had next 2 weeks work email. Picking up in Bermondsey on 24th April 8 pallets outbound to Madrid. Running in from Folkestone with an empty tilt after tipping Calais. Route info into Bermondsey from the M25 would be appreciated re bridges ect (4M) also any other possible problems if any. Still unable to drive so the missus will be doing this one as well.
Thanks…

Be straight up the A2 Old Kent Rd but as for after that a bit more info would help as there’s a few nasty (as in like under 3m) bridges around there lol

toonsy:
Be straight up the A2 Old Kent Rd but as for after that a bit more info would help as there’s a few nasty (as in like under 3m) bridges around there lol

Old Jamaica Rd SE16 4AW is the address i have mate…

*EDIT- its a self storage unit apparently.

Up old Kent road, hang a right under the flyover towards tower bridge, under a 15ft bridge then another right into old Jamaica rd. Don’t like the look of the self store place mind lol

toonsy:
Up old Kent road, hang a right under the flyover towards tower bridge, under a 15ft bridge then another right into old Jamaica rd. Don’t like the look of the self store place mind lol

Thanks for that Toonsy. Im on a VPN but still cant access pictures of the place, im guessing its looking tight??

toonsy:

That’s Jamaica Road, not
OldJamaica.jpg road!

Up the Old Kent Road then up Tower Bridge Road at the crossroads at Abbey Street turn right (church on the corner) go under the >4m bridge (15ft in old money!) and take the first right into Old Jamaica Road. There is a storage place down there.

A2 old kent road turn right at bricklayers arm R/A ,onto tower bridge rd ,right abbey st under 15 ft bridge then next right into old jamaica rd self storage on right about 300m will be bit tricky turning round but should be able to do it at next side st but dont go any further down as trees and street furniture becomes nightmare good luck.

hook:
A2 old kent road turn right at bricklayers arm R/A ,onto tower bridge rd ,right abbey st under 15 ft bridge then next right into old jamaica rd self storage on right about 300m will be bit tricky turning round but should be able to do it at next side st but dont go any further down as trees and street furniture becomes nightmare good luck.

If you’re not fast you’re last! :smiley:

4m bridge (15ft in old money!)

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TiredAndEmotional:

toonsy:

That’s Jamaica Road, not 0 road!

Up the Old Kent Road then up Tower Bridge Road at the crossroads at Abbey Street turn right (church on the corner) go under the >4m bridge (15ft in old money!) and take the first right into Old Jamaica Road. There is a storage place down there.

That’s the sane route I said lol

As for the bit in bold :open_mouth:

Give or take about half a metre :wink:

Hopefully you can access the links:

google.com/maps/place/Old+J … -0.0709525

google.com/maps/@51.4983428 … 312!8i6656

google.com/maps/@51.4974236 … 312!8i6656

For a LHD after getting a banksman it might be easiest to turn round 1st once in Old Jamaica rd. Forward left into marine st and reverse straight across the rd into the other1/2 of Marine st leaving a shallower angle on the good side through the gate. Advantage also that as they haven’t yet loaded they still have an interest adn will get obstructing vehicles moved, while afterwards they couldn’t give a flying F how you get out again.

google.com/maps/@51.4985484 … a=!3m1!1e3

Don’t forget to take a break period before entering London. So to do that possibly Medway services on M2 plenty of room ( M20 Maidstone svs chocolate ashtray) access via M20 J7 Detling hill A249 then M2 LONDON bound (easy to go back the wrong way). Or possibly Cobham svs A2 - parking there can be tight when busy and don’t get nicked parking on the roadway. Both leave about 1hr to 90 mins run into London.

A2 into London as said is easier (Sun in the Sands jct, Blackheath, Deptford, New Cross, Old Kent rd) than A20 route to follow. The only awkward bit is New Cross one way system with a Box Junction Camera and a bus lane camera and a 20 mph limit. Dominate the road at Parkfield rd/ Lewisham Way lights, do not let cars block exit leaving you in yellow box. Must follow signs

google.com/maps/@51.4750314 … 312!8i6656

She still hasn’t sussed you then?

Chapeau Andrew, chapeau.

Thanks to all of you for the detailed info, much appreciated :smiley: Looking on a map or nav is ok but nothing like local knowledge. Will copy all this down for blondie in her own lingo. Im sure she’ll be ok but cant help worrying…

Show her some videos of Danny Dyer and tell her the locals larve it if she can talk proper nawty like that :laughing:

toonsy:
Show her some videos of Danny Dyer and tell her the locals larve it if she can talk proper nawty like that :laughing:

Its broken Eeeengleeesh as it is mate, chuck in cockney slang and rhyming and she’d be totally and utterly lost… :grimacing:

Also don’t forget this is inside the Night time london lorry ban so don’t try to beat the rush hr. I would aim for 9.30/10 am at Sun in the Sands or later. Come out of London the same way using the A2 right back to Sun in the Sands, but it will be very slow the whole way. Those who get stuck for a break only because of traffic tend to stop here on A2.

google.com/maps/@51.4565291 … 312!8i6656

Its spanish registered truck so lorry bans ,box junctions etc,speed limits, are only advisory :smiley:

That doesn’t look very artic friendly!

That yard doesn’t look any different from the way it was when lived there in the late 70’s. Parked vehicles outside were a problem even in those days.

truckertang:

4m bridge (15ft in old money!)

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You missed > <----- that! Means greater than when used as I used it, so greater than 4m!

:grimacing:

Dunce-Hat.jpg