Company’s that don’t send trampers truck out at weekends

Hi guys when tramping Monday to Friday is there any companies in north west that don’t send your truck out at weekend or when your on hoilday ?

Yours?

Troll… this can’t possibly be a serious question, and if it is then you need to go to the pub on a Saturday afternoon ya div.

Rodneytrotter89:
Hi guys when tramping Monday to Friday is there any companies in north west that don’t send your truck out at weekend or when your on hoilday ?

If you hire it from them on the days you are off, they would stand that expensive asset down maybe

Can’t see why they wouldn’t send it out at a weekend tbh,yes I know its got trampers personal stuff in which I get fair enough.
but why would any company lease a truck to only use for 5 days?then still pay the lease R&M insurance etc to sit still for 2 days its leased to make money,can just see the reaction the dealer would be if he was asked “can I have it cheaper its only used 5 days its a trampers truck ?”.
Just my take on it but trucks are an ends to a means to make more money than it costs to run be a bit crap come wages time if they say "can’t have a pay rise as your truck only earns 5 days " doesn’t make enough money bit over dramatic but you get the idea.

Mine doesn’t.
If they did…i wouldn’t tramp.

Mine never goes out at weekends.But does when i’m on my hols.Wich is fair enough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Troll… this can’t possibly be a serious question, and if it is then you need to go to the pub on a Saturday afternoon ya div.

Is a serious question but no need to call me a div

Rodneytrotter89:

Unless you own the truck, i.e. owner driver, it’s not actually your truck.
So if the operator wants it to earn money to cover the cost of buying/leasing the vehicle he will want to send it out!!

daftvader:
Mine never goes out at weekends.But does when i’m on my hols.Wich is fair enough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same here.
I don’t mind as long as it’s used by somebody who aint an anti social smelly tramp who leaves it like a ■■■■ tip…as I have to live in it after he ■■■■ s off. :smiling_imp:
I’m off next week, so I asked that if it was used could it be a (clean) day man, otherwise I would take all my kit out.
I even got a call later asking if I minded if a certain driver who I knew, tramped in it. (which I didn’t)
Under no illusion that it would not have made a ■■■■ of difference if I had said ‘no’, but it was nice to be shown a bit of respect, and a nice touch.

Btw…Thanks to the stereotypical daymen for coming out sooo soon with the usual and predictable ‘‘It aint YOUR truck’’ chestnut. :unamused: :smiley:

I understand that companies can’t let a truck sit all weekend when it can be making money but this issues I’m have is the dirty people that are using my truck at weekend I.e smokers smelly tramps who don’t wash and touching and using my stuff I left drinks in cab last week and some ■■■■■■ drank them and left cans that ■■■■■■ me off

Rodneytrotter89:
I understand that companies can’t let a truck sit all weekend when it can be making money but this issues I’m have is the dirty people that are using my truck at weekend I.e smokers smelly tramps who don’t wash and touching and using my stuff I left drinks in cab last week and some [zb] drank them and left cans that ■■■■■■ me off

Got any old Lucazade bottles? The ones with plastic tops that you reseal with a hot knife?

Having a truck used by someone else shouldnt be a problem. Having stuff stolen isnt on. If you took a can of drink from a shop or cafe without paying that would be theft wouldn`t it? No difference here is there?

robroy:
Btw…Thanks to the stereotypical daymen for coming out sooo soon with the usual and predictable ‘‘It aint YOUR truck’’ chestnut. :unamused: :smiley:

you are most welcome.jpg
Would hate to disappoint! :laughing:

To be fair though Rob, it is a bit unreasonable to expect a £60,000+ investment to sit idol for 2 days (or longer for holidays) because a guy who doesnt pay the repayments, insurance, maintanence fees, tyres, fuel etc considers it “his”.
If I owned a haulage firm and an employee told me he didnt want anyone else driving “his” truck and it wasnt to be sent out with anyone else, id ask him if I should deduct the payments from his wages. Either that or make sure it was the first truck allocated out at every opportunity!
I can see both sides though but im prejudiced after the way I was spoken to by a FTE who told me if I was using “his” truck, I was’nt to change the radio, connect my phone to the radio, use the bunk and I was not scratch it. Now whenever I hear “my” truck i get vietnam flashbacks!

I as a driver fully understand that a truck has to maximise it’s earning potential for the sake of the business…through experience as I’ve owned about 13 in my time at different times

As I said, I have no problem with ‘‘my’’ truck being used, as long as there is a bit of common respect shown for it, by the other driver …in terms of it being my HOME for the rest of the time. :bulb:

You day men are so ■■■■ quick to jump if a tramper dares to refer to it as his truck :unamused: …, but just try and empathise for a minute.

If for whatever reason you had to let out or loan your flat/house/caravan or whatever, that you kept clean and tidy, and looked after, then some dirty 2 at with minimal social skills, dived in there with his muddy size 12s, smoked in it, left crap all over, used your belongings, slept in your bed with no consideration whatsoever, and left it minging, only then would you get a taste of what many trampers have to put up with. :bulb:

As I said, tbf my firm with me personally, on that score are ok on the whole, …but only because they know how ocd I am with ‘‘my’’ truck, and only because I had to set some parameters when I first started, by being deliberately late one Mon morning, and parking right outside the office to let my boss see me getting ‘‘my’’ truck back to the standard that I left it after some ■■■■ had messed it up.
If a guy has to use his truck to live in as a condition to be able to do his job, he should be able to take it for granted that the truck is left for him fit for purpose.
Just because the word ‘tramp’ is part of the word ‘tramper’ the 2 words should not be used in the same context ! :bulb:

Ive edited my original post Rob.
I agree with you and what you say is reasonable (and id expect the same if I were a tramper) but some drivers take it too far.
Expecting it kept tidy and clean (at least to the standard you have it) is entirelly acceptable and reasonable. Expecting it to sit idol for a weekend, isnt

I think there’s 4 manuals in our yard and they don’t go out as agency won’t drive them ( there going soon because of this reason which is really ■■■■■■■ off the regular drivers who like them as there manuals / tag axles / and loads of extra storage space .
I’m sure the trucks which do bricks blocks with crane tris don’t go out either .
all others do most w/ ends as far as I know

I tramp .
2 guys drive the truck when I don’t.
Both are clean and tidy and leave stuff alone .
I don’t have a problem .
When/ if I do I’ll be driving somewhere else .

The-Snowman:
Ive edited my original post Rob.
I agree with you and what you say is reasonable (and id expect the same if I were a tramper) but some drivers take it too far.
Expecting it kept tidy and clean (at least to the standard you have it) is entirelly acceptable and reasonable. Expecting it to sit idol for a weekend, isnt

Yeh it looks like we both agree mate.
The guy who told you about his radio etc, is a knob…end of.
Most trampers look after their trucks, but others dont.
There are motors in our yard that are shockingly disgusting, I would not let my dog sleep in them. I moved a one a couple of weeks ago, a 66 plate, I got out feeling like I needed a shower ffs :open_mouth: …Those are the ones that should be used by the type of daymen who have no respect or good manners, as they will be undoubtedly be used to living knee deep in ■■■■, …not the ones that are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.

Rodneytrotter89:

You might find the smaller firms are less likely to send trucks allocated to you out on weekends or if they are they’d probably be with the same driver they know and not the unknown person the agency sends (good and bad).
Big firms they’re not trucks you live in all week, but assets to be utilised to the maximum, smaller firms also have to utilise their assets, but the owners have normally been in your position and realise it’s more than just a machine and cost figures on the accounts.

Rodneytrotter89:
I understand that companies can’t let a truck sit all weekend when it can be making money but this issues I’m have is the dirty people that are using my truck at weekend I.e smokers smelly tramps who don’t wash and touching and using my stuff I left drinks in cab last week and some [zb] drank them and left cans that ■■■■■■ me off

I think Rob has a potential solution for you if you’ve raised this matter with your boss and got no joy. :wink: