Stobrats drivers want union recognition

dozy:
There’s so much different work / contracts now I don’t know how some on here claim x,y,z ukt , how you compare a stobart one stop shop delivery driver with a stobart cemex drivern trunking bags of cement up scotch I don’t know , I’ve a mate who hated everything , he’s now gone on the aggregates job , bricks & block , them crane wagons , he’s in his element , never been so settled , never rang , no rush , one load , collection for next day , steady 12 hrs a day , back in yard by 14.00 latest Friday , truck doesn’t get used at w/ends , been driving for 35 yrs and he said this job will take him to retirement

I wouldn’t knock Stobart to work for, I am speaking of my experience with them on Tesco work, that isn’t my cup of tea, however I did see other work at Stobart which I would do, containers, cemex etc, I did not have that opportunity as all of those depots were a good distance from my base, the Tesco stuff though is not for the likes of any experienced driver although I did meet drivers who liked it and had been there for years. It is whatever suits each individual driver and if Stobart work suits, then who is anyone to say that they are crap.