Bristol - who takes new Class 1 Drivers?

Hiya, Does anyone know who in Bristol takes on new class 1 drivers? I have over 4 years class 2 experience but have my class 1 booked in for next month.

Also looking for companies in Bristol who offer either 4 on 4 off or 5 on 3 off night work due to family life.

Currently being made redundant from Class 2 job, very well paid - made £35k last year on 5 on 3 off pattern but can’t find anything decent even close to that wage- hence doing class 1. Would work 5 on 2 off too but want to just see if the perfect hgv1 job exists and whether I would be accepted! Surely my 4 years class 2 must help?

Thanks in advance

AMGP84:
Hiya, Does anyone know who in Bristol takes on new class 1 drivers? I have over 4 years class 2 experience but have my class 1 booked in for next month.

Also looking for companies in Bristol who offer either 4 on 4 off or 5 on 3 off night work due to family life.

Currently being made redundant from Class 2 job, very well paid - made £35k last year on 5 on 3 off pattern but can’t find anything decent even close to that wage- hence doing class 1. Would work 5 on 2 off too but want to just see if the perfect hgv1 job exists and whether I would be accepted! Surely my 4 years class 2 must help?

Thanks in advance

Try Culina mate.
culinagroup.mua.hrdepartment.co … view/21189
They did have 4 on 4 off and 5 on 3 off couple years ago

AMGP84:

Thanks in advance

Nope. You’ll be a newbie again.

Culina

It’ll prob be 4 on 2 off
The 4 and 4 stoped As has the 5 and 3
You might get a mon to fri or similar you’ll need to ask though.
3 hrs start window extending an extra 1 hr each way.
No sick pay
Depending on your shift times if you work past midnight you can NOT do more than 12 hrs.
You might get caught on unplanned night out no exceptions on running back.
Everything is 100% by the book no ifs no buts which works both ways.
Apply on line by sending cv

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=a … &from=serp

Try NFT Bristol, they have probably relaxed the one year experience rule and should take you, otherwise ADR Network will be worth a call, good luck with your test

nick2008:
Culina

It’ll prob be 4 on 2 off
The 4 and 4 stoped As has the 5 and 3
You might get a mon to fri or similar you’ll need to ask though.
3 hrs start window extending an extra 1 hr each way.
No sick pay
Depending on your shift times if you work past midnight you can NOT do more than 12 hrs.
You might get caught on unplanned night out no exceptions on running back.
Everything is 100% by the book no ifs no buts which works both ways.
Apply on line by sending cv
They never did 4 x 4 Nick, but I agree that they are good at taking newbies on .

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=a … &from=serp

Mullers on Severn Beach

David Hathaway in Yate industrial estate.
Wrings ltd.
Saville freight Longwell Green by Asda.
Richard Tovey ltd.
Kings heavy haulage, Avonmouth.
IJ McGill Keynsham.
Gregory Patchway by Gribbs mall.

Massey Wilcox Chilcompton, only minutes south of Bristol.
Willmotts at Waterlip near Shepton.
JF Pierce brick work ,flat bed or Hiab, or wagon and drag.Near Shepton.

Gregory Shepton Mallet.

Thanks so much for the replies guys! I’ll look into culina, NFT and also Muller and see how I go.
I’ve heard good things about Asda too but can’t find anything about them - pay experience etc?

Finding it a struggle at the moment cos I need to find a decent wage but also someone who is willing to take me on. I know i’ll probably still have to take a pay cut but I’m looking for at least £31k and it must be nights only -(but not tramping), so hopefully that’s do-able.

Alternatively, anyone know of any class 2 night work thats relatively well paid - just incase…

Thanks again, appreciate any help

AMGP84:
Thanks so much for the replies guys! I’ll look into culina, NFT and also Muller and see how I go.
I’ve heard good things about Asda too but can’t find anything about them - pay experience etc?

Finding it a struggle at the moment cos I need to find a decent wage but also someone who is willing to take me on. I know i’ll probably still have to take a pay cut but I’m looking for at least £31k and it must be nights only -(but not tramping), so hopefully that’s do-able.

Alternatively, anyone know of any class 2 night work thats relatively well paid - just incase…

Asda will only take on newbies they’ve put through from the warehouse they’re not looking for any drivers at the moment. However Farm Foods and Coop are quite often looking but Culina are your best bet.

Plenty of night work on class one , and two , at the big quarry between Shepton Mallet and Frome, there are two more around the area.
Tarmac resurfacing on the motorways all night .
In a car from Bristol with no traffic , it will take 45 minutes.
Arla foods , at Westbury , is class one milk tankers on nights to dairies , or bulk farm collections on class one and two on nights.
Try these two agencies Skills Direct in Trowbridge and Bailey employment services in Melksham .

Wiltshire Concrete ltd in Devizes also do night work on artics.

toby1234abc:
Wrings ltd.
Richard Tovey ltd.
IJ McGill Keynsham.

Gregory Shepton Mallet.

Any others :slight_smile:

I used to run into Asda Avonmouth and Asda Bedford, I heard how happy and well paid their drivers are so took down the Bedford recruitment hotline number: 01234 847000
Would be worth giving them a call and asking for the Avonmouth recruitment number or agency they’re using…I know one of my mates rang Bedford and was offered temp to perm through an agency.
Speaking to their drivers, they told me that night rate goes up to £24 an hour, I think between 02:00 and 04:00…but that was 4 years ago so may have changed.

onyerbike:
I used to run into Asda Avonmouth and Asda Bedford, I heard how happy and well paid their drivers are so took down the Bedford recruitment hotline number: 01234 847000
Would be worth giving them a call and asking for the Avonmouth recruitment number or agency they’re using…I know one of my mates rang Bedford and was offered temp to perm through an agency.
Speaking to their drivers, they told me that night rate goes up to £24 an hour, I think between 02:00 and 04:00…but that was 4 years ago so may have changed.

That’s really helpful, thanks, I’ll give them a call! :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Wrings ltd.
Richard Tovey ltd.
IJ McGill Keynsham.

Gregory Shepton Mallet.

Thanks so much for these :slight_smile:

bald bloke:

AMGP84:

Asda will only take on newbies they’ve put through from the warehouse they’re not looking for any drivers at the moment. However Farm Foods and Coop are quite often looking but Culina are your best bet.

Ahh that’s a shame. I’ve not heard great stuff about coop tbh… - not heard anything about farmfoods at all though - do you know if the pay is ok? thanks:)

toby1234abc:
Plenty of night work on class one , and two , at the big quarry between Shepton Mallet and Frome, there are two more around the area.
Tarmac resurfacing on the motorways all night .
In a car from Bristol with no traffic , it will take 45 minutes.
Arla foods , at Westbury , is class one milk tankers on nights to dairies , or bulk farm collections on class one and two on nights.
Try these two agencies Skills Direct in Trowbridge and Bailey employment services in Melksham .

Thanks for these :slight_smile:

Thanks again all some decent replies and companies - i’ll look into them :sunglasses:

Just some Bristol area news;
Gregory’s Patchway depot, which is a Booker RDC, is closing. Tesco (the new owners of Booker) are taking the work in-house to Magor. The Gregory drivers will be looking for jobs.
Tesco Avonmouth has a driver shortage apparently, because so many drivers have gone to Asda.