Slam Transport Amazon Gourock

Some info please if anyone’s done this work…

I know it’s all self employed and I’m aware of the pros and cons of that so it’s other info I’m after please…

Where are you running to? Are you planned max hours? Are they on the phone every five minutes? What are the waiting times like for tipping and loading or are you just changing trailers? What are the overnight parking arrangements?

Slam in Coventry work not by max hours but by available load.Someti.e drivers do normal shift and rest.But some time work just 5 hours after rest after may be short or long shift.All depend from available load from Amazon.

I work for Slam.

It’s not just self employed, they offer PAYE, which is what I am on.

It’s 6 on 2 off but there’s been weeks where I’ve had 3 days off, they are very easy going, obviously you miss out on pay if you have extra time off.

They do everything by messages, they are hardly ever on the phone. I’ve been there 8 weeks and my phone has rang twice, once to let me know the motorway was closed and once because I missed the message they sent me.

There’s a lot of waiting around which means you aren’t planned to max your hours. They plan you to arrive early at the sites so Slam don’t get lates against their name. The work is literally just Amazon to Amazon. One route I did was collect from Gourock and tip at Weybridge, the Brooklands museum site.

If you want more info, feel free to message me.

Will_161:
I work for Slam.

It’s 6 on 2 off but there’s been weeks where I’ve had 3 days off, they are very easy going, obviously you miss out on pay if you have extra time off.

They do everything by messages, they are hardly ever on the phone. I’ve been there 8 weeks and my phone has rang twice, once to let me know the motorway was closed and once because I missed the message they sent me.

There’s a lot of waiting around which means you aren’t planned to max your hours. They plan you to arrive early at the sites so Slam don’t get lates against their name. The work is literally just Amazon to Amazon. One route I did was collect from Gourock and tip at Weybridge, the Brooklands museum site.

Thanks for that mate. Exactly what I was after. They’re advertising 4 on 4 off out of Gourock but only taking LTD drivers just now.

Ahh ok.

They’ve just purchased a yard in Dunfermline and done it up with a lounge, shower and kitchen for the drivers that have a night out up there.
I think the Scottish drivers are controlled from there but with units left at Gourock too. Didn’t realise they offered different shifts up there compared to Coventry.

I passed one the other day and some wag had painted an I on the trailer [emoji12]

Telt:
‘…Slam Transport…’

I thought it was a typo for Mohamud’s lot and were covertly running pork products for infidels …explaining why they weren’t meandering with blown bulbs at 45mph in the wrong lane, painted snot-green and spewing smoke

Will_161:
I work for Slam.

It’s tramping, isn’t it?

Yeah it is.

If your based in gourock there only looking for self employed the now.The wage is £12ph mon-fri saturday and sunday is £15 ph and a night out is £25.

Heard the lads at Coventry are on a good screw but are working odd hours to meet loads etc? Not sure how true it is like but I did get attracted by an advert quoting 45k a year lol

Over 1k a week on LTD is doable apparently.

My best was £804 take home, which was £1070 gross for the weeks time sheet. That’s on PAYE.

Obviously it depends if you have both weekend days on your time sheet and if your 45 hours break only shows as one day off. I.e you have the afternoon of the day you finish, the whole next day and start back the afternoon of the day after that. That way you get 6 days ‘worked’ on your sheet.

There are very strange start times due to the nature of the work but you can earn the money.

Will_161:
My best was £804 take home, which was £1070 gross for the weeks time sheet. That’s on PAYE.

Obviously it depends if you have both weekend days on your time sheet and if your 45 hours break only shows as one day off. I.e you have the afternoon of the day you finish, the whole next day and start back the afternoon of the day after that. That way you get 6 days ‘worked’ on your sheet.

There are very strange start times due to the nature of the work but you can earn the money.

They are looking now in Coventry ,Have they dropped the two years thing now do you know ?

Beetlejuice:

Will_161:

They are looking now in Coventry ,Have they dropped the two years thing now do you know ?

I’m not sure mate, I’ll ask around.

Have you contacted them? To be honest I think they took a lot of drivers on quite fast when they took on Amazon but regret some of the “drivers” they employed.
They are getting a few complaints about drivers from the public and understandably take action against said drivers. I have seen some shockers including one particular move that made me cringe on YouTube involving that Tesco driver from Scotland. Can’t remember his name now.

If you get in touch and get them to give you an assessment drive, prove you can actually drive and have something that resembles a decent brain between your ears, you shouldn’t have a problem.

And I’m guessing you get to spend quality time in their condemned cells for 6 or so hours,sans keys,chocked wheels,suzy uncoupled hideously rudimentary facilities while waiting etc.

manalishi:
And I’m guessing you get to spend quality time in their condemned cells for 6 or so hours,sans keys,chocked wheels,suzy uncoupled hideously rudimentary facilities while waiting etc.

Not that long really. A couple of hours maybe at most, other times you’ll drop and swap and be in there 15 mins.

We get told to be there for collection at least 30mins prior to the time the planners give us. Meaning at least you’re on site and won’t get a late against you so that’s been where the longer waits will hit you.

The smaller Amazon sites have a decent canteen with pool tables etc. Most sites have free tea and coffee and
WiFi so I just take my IPad and ear phones and keep myself to myself. Doesn’t really bother me.

manalishi:

Rugely is pretty good, drop trailer, get paperwork signed, back to cab for a snooze until pull time, 99% on time, very rarely early.

Concretejim:
Over 1k a week on LTD is doable apparently.

My best on there was just over £1500 LTD for a Tue - Sun shift, if I lived closer to Coventry I wouldn’t hesitate to go back PAYE, but the commute from Aberdeen was costing me sometimes £800 a month just for flights.

So what are the actual pay rates? What do you get for a night out? Is parking paid? Breaks paid? How secure is the Amazon work which seems to have driven their growth so rapidly?