7.5t weights limits

How often do you ignore them?

I generally ignore them if I’m in a 18t doing multi drop but when I’m in the artic I think it’s a bit naughty.
It’s just sometimes I can get given silly collections in the middle of nowhere and I have a choice of taking the long way or finishing an hour earlier… I have yet to take the long way.

Only if it’s an official diversion route

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Or if I need to he there I’ll only go if it says “except for access” or similar.

Like the other day I couldn’t find a way into a drop without breaking the law by going iver a weak bridge whichever way I could see so I stopped and waited to speak to customer and they told me how to get round it

wonderfulengineering.com/volvo-t … knowledge/

oxfordmail.co.uk/news/110294 … ght_limit/

No need to worry about it unless something goes wrong.

Ignore.
Lots of my jobs are in weight limits anyway.

Nearly everyday, i must go through at least 1 sign saying"unsuitable for HGV,s" on a daily basis

Prior to doing transporters did farm work so I’m used to driving through weight limits. The key is planning. If somewhere looks dodgy ring ahead and get route advice from the customer.

Whether I go through weight or width limits is entirely my choice. Doesn’t happen very often but I do avoid bridge limits, for reasons highlighted in the links given above.
However when planners and management insist that it MUST be done, “without fail”, it’s a no-no. Hawk Street in the centre of Carnforth was an example (limit without the “except for access” caveat) recently. There are at least 2 gas tanks on that street and given that, afaik, the smallest tanker in our fleet is 12t, another driver will be chancing it, should he/she wish to do so.

Same as above really, i get sent out to houses and farms miles from civilization so ignore the ‘unsuitable for hgvs’.
Then you get the farmers wives in their range rovers giving you the waving finger, how else do they think their supplies get to them!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unsuitable for HGV’s , when you actually take that in context it does not mean lorries are banned, just that the road is not really suitable!

“Unsuitable for motor vehicles” is more of a challenge. :smiling_imp:

We have a couple that aren’t too bad if you keep your wits about you…and it hasn’t rained in the last fortnight.

nickb67:
“Unsuitable for motor vehicles” is more of a challenge. :smiling_imp:

We have a couple that aren’t too bad if you keep your wits about you…and it hasn’t rained in the last fortnight.

Ye we have a couple that are “weather dependant”

Twoninety88:
Unsuitable for HGV’s , when you actually take that in context it does not mean lorries are banned, just that the road is not really suitable!

“Unsuitable for HGV’s” is pretty meaningless, is it unsuitable for a short wheelbase 12t rigid or unsuitable for a 44t double decker, their both HGV’s

I never “ignore” those signs. Ill go through some of them, others Ill never go through.
If it relates to a bridge, or weak road or similar Ill not use that bridge or road. If it says "Except For Access" then if I need access, clearly its OK to go through.
If there is no exception plate then Ill find out the correct route. Sometimes in France there are one way routes for trucks: a circular route that has trucks circulating in one direction only. An absolute ban from one direction, but the same road has no weight limits from the other way. Two way route for cars. Works well in narrow streets as trucks dont pass each other.
We have a pick-up from one place accessible over a bridge. It used to be signed as 12tonnes. It`s now marked as OK for one truck at a time, but no weight marked. I use that route, but with headlights on, in the middle of the road, to ensure I get on and off with no delays on the bridge, and not allowing anyone else to compromise my safety by their actions.

The 48-year-old was fined £500 and was also ordered to pay £130 costs and a £50 victims’ surcharge fee.

What on Earth is the Bridge going to do with £50, just up and go for a pint?

Currently driving a 7.5t and loving the freedom compared to artic driving. Especially in London. Just got to learn to stop clipping kerbs (oops,)

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

P Stoff:
Currently driving a 7.5t and loving the freedom compared to artic driving. Especially in London. Just got to learn to stop clipping kerbs (oops,)

Always embarrassing when you clip a kerb ain`t it? The jog you get means all sorts of typos in your FaceBook updates.
:smiley:

Franglais:

P Stoff:

Always embarrassing when you clip a kerb ain`t it? The jog you get means all sorts of typos in your FaceBook updates.
:smiley:

Lol

Air start:
The 48-year-old was fined £500 and was also ordered to pay £130 costs and a £50 victims’ surcharge fee.

What on Earth is the Bridge going to do with £50, just up and go for a pint?

The victim surcharge has nothing to do with compensating the victim of that particular offence (if there is one). If compensation is needed it will be separately specified. The idea behind the victim surcharge is to provide funding for victim services throughout the UK via the Victim and WItness General Fund.

tomB94:
Same as above really, i get sent out to houses and farms miles from civilization so ignore the ‘unsuitable for hgvs’.
Then you get the farmers wives in their range rovers giving you the waving finger, how else do they think their supplies get to them!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I rather think that these won’t be farmers’ wives, but townies who’ve moved out to the sticks.

Contrary to popuylar myth, very few farmers, or their wives, own or drive Range Rovers.