Hgv cpc ban

GasGas:

Jackron:
Thanks for your reply… so do you think a petition by all in the industry would help?

I doubt it. You can expect some headlines later in the day which will explain why.

When you’ve got a drunk truck driver with no licence taking it upon himself to park in the live lane of a motorway for a snooze and another truck driver so busy chatting on the phone about inconsequential rubbish that he didn’t notice what the first driver had done and stuffed a minibus under the first truck, no elected politician is ever going to stand up and say…“Look, the standards in the industry are so high already, that these people don’t need training.”

And that’s without the near-daily appearance (on this forum and elsewhere) of pictures of trucks stuffed under clearly signed low bridges, or people not realising that most weight limits apply to a vehicle’s GVW (even though it says so on the signs) and thinking they can drive over weak bridges etc because they aren’t loaded.

Everytime I go out on the roads, I see truck drivers reacting brilliantly to save other road users from their own stupidity. Sadly, that professionalism (which is actually most of the truck drivers, most of the time) rarely makes headlines, and many other road users are so unaware that they don’t even realise what’s happened.

We live in a skewed world. Transport for London is aiming to ban all but a few trucks from London, “because they kill so many cyclists.” In fact, they don’t. The population of London is nearly 8.8 million. In 2016, eight cyclists died in traffic accidents on the streets of London, and not all of those incidents involved trucks. So that’s a one in a million chance of death…but it still necessitates special permits or truck designs.

I’d be more inclined to complain about that, to be honest.

in the case u quoted above about a drunck driver, may be a AA couse would work better than the cpc