How to get an agency to pay up

I worked a day on the 13th for a new agency, I got the feel that the guy running the agency was a dodgy character.

Long story short, I have a copy of my signed time sheet, I’ve tried to ring them but they don’t pick up. What do I do now? Has anyone got the number for acas?

You might…

Try a solicitors letter.

If that fails then go to Money Claim Online.

moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

These maggots rely on people not chasing up small debt, go after it and get your wedge.

Why not go to the company office?

sammym:
Why not go to the company office?

Because…

In my experience of not getting paid by these kind of shysters (which sadly is vast) they stall you, bullshine you, promise you, ignore you and still not pay you. The small claims court was the only way I ever got my invoices paid by three of the busatrds who tried it on over the years.

The agreement and signed time sheet is all the confirmation they need to pay. Anything else is just bollox.

im biased i hate these parasites with a passion

Thank you larf, that helps

Sam, the agency is not local to me and I’m damned if I’m going to pay for the petrol to go there. Besides, I don’t trust myself, the guy is a slimy little ■■■■ that talks down to you. Right from day one I felt the urge to give him a slap, that would achieve nothing except to make me feel happier, then I would end up paying them money. Best I sort it out over the phone

Is there no governing body regulating agencies these days?

And / or you could name and shame too…■■?

Goldfinger:
Is there no governing body regulating agencies these days?

There is the REC…

rec.uk.com/

A self-regulatory body (so it does what it feels is in the best interests of it’s members only). Everyone knows that self regulation means no regulation.

One of the first things they’ll tell you when you ring them up to complain about one their members is, they don’t get involved in individual disputes.

An utter waste of time organisation only designed to benefit the golf club playing members who swap brown envelopes in the 19th hole.

I have dreams of driving past their HQ with a muck spreader full of fresh cow ■■■■■ and putting the PTO in (just like the farmer who did it to one of the banks years ago).

As he’s been through this before, I was going to suggest asking Eagerbeaver for advice, but apparently he can’t come to the phone right now

If it was the 13th of this month so only last week could it just be that they have not had time to do it if it’s the first time you have worked there, or if self employed its not due for maybe 1 month

Had the same situ jbaz sent you a pm.

I have just received an owed cheque from an agency I did some work for last week, 5 hrs short. I won’t do any more for these parasites. Threaten them over the phone then have nothing more to do with them.

Self employed or PAYE? Self employed, best of luck - best you can do is issue an invoice for the outstanding amount and if they don’t pay go through the whole county court claim rigmarole.

UKtramp:
I have just received an owed cheque from an agency I did some work for last week, 5 hrs short. I won’t do any more for these parasites. Threaten them over the phone then have nothing more to do with them.

I got asked yesterday if I’d do a day run today instead of working last night that I was planned for. I agreed on the caveat that I was paid night rates for the day and compensated for the nights work I was going to lose as a result. End result got paid 2 nights for one days work. Strange how two people’s experiences of agencies can differ so much.

Well - I got robbed of my holiday pay even though I was PAYE with an agency. Emailed to ask about my holiday money and they ignored it. I could chase it up but I have better things to do. I’ll just not use the agency again - and will slag them off to every driver I meet.

I have one decent agency - and my rose-tinted spectacles are misting up a bit with them as well. Call me saying they are desperate for me to work on a certain day - then I text them the day before asking for a confirmation to be told they had ‘got me out of it’. What they mean is they had given it to the driver who will work more shifts. I was annoyed as I’d left the day open.

If you manage to get through to them…ask for another job…then take the truck out and park it up…i guarantee they will phone you…you wont get paid again…but i guarantee you will get satisfaction. :smiley:

truckyboy:
If you manage to get through to them…ask for another job…then take the truck out and park it up…i guarantee they will phone you…you wont get paid again…but i guarantee you will get satisfaction. :smiley:

Sounds like a good idea.

Except that could hurt a genuine business who don’t deserve it. So he needs to make sure he messes with both a crap agency and a crap company.

There are a couple of companies I’d do a ‘comedy’ job for. Fridge turned up to top temp. Take off the load retaining bars and drive it like you stole it around the roundabouts. Then drive it until it runs out of fuel as you forgot to top up. Bonus marks for getting it to run out of fuel in an incredibly tricks place - like a stupidly tight one-way lane on a tight bend.

When they kick off and say you are an awful driver - tell them it’s all they deserve.

sammym:

truckyboy:

Sounds like a good idea.

Except that could hurt a genuine business who don’t deserve it. So he needs to make sure he messes with both a crap agency and a crap company.

There are a couple of companies I’d do a ‘comedy’ job for. Fridge turned up to top temp. Take off the load retaining bars and drive it like you stole it around the roundabouts. Then drive it until it runs out of fuel as you forgot to top up. Bonus marks for getting it to run out of fuel in an incredibly tricks place - like a stupidly tight one-way lane on a tight bend.

When they kick off and say you are an awful driver - tell them it’s all they deserve.

Sounds like a normal shift,judging by what you post on here

you should be able to get the agency closed up within a year if you post in detail about it on review sites and local facebook groups

corij:
you should be able to get the agency closed up within a year if you post in detail about it on review sites and local facebook groups

Nice idea but ABC agency close today, and XYZ opens tomorrow… Looking at how many agencies there are, it surely don`t take too much to set one up does it?

sonovate.com/blog/uk-recruit … ving-2017/

24.000 agencies seems rather a lot to me. 100,000 employees? So every 5 agency workers is supporting a management set up and offices etc?? Can that be right■■?

No wonder there`re stealing your money, life must be hard for the poor souls!

peirre:
As he’s been through this before, I was going to suggest asking Eagerbeaver for advice, but apparently he can’t come to the phone right now

:laughing: I can come to the phone no problem.

Just takes quite a while to answer it… :wink: ( And get the bill payers permission :unamused: :grimacing: )

Larf has dispensed the correct advice btw.

sammym:

truckyboy:

Sounds like a good idea.

If the business uses them then they deserve it
Put me first on the list to do it
Great idea