Open curtains from the back?

I got a new trailer today. It’s not new but it’s new to me. I don’t seem able to open the curtains from back to front. Is this normal? At the back there is one handle that doesn’t seem like it has a ratchet gear, it just sort of makes the curtain a bit more taught, if that’s the right word to use, while one pulls on it but it doesn’t click to hold it tighter. Been well annoying having to open all the dam thing just to get to one pallet at the back all day.

May be you could post a photo?

Yes there are trailers where the ratchet is only at the front. You close the curtain pull back a lever at the back then tighten the curtain using the ratchet at the front, they are a pain in the ■■■■. But if it’s only 1 pallet, why don’t you tip it through the doors ?

I had a trailer like that with no bloody doors. Could have done with Michael Caines mate with the dynamite. :slight_smile:

We have an EU trailer that only rachets at the back, so your not alone.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

back post in do up 3 buckles

Front post in and take up the slack don’t over tighten making it like a drum
Do up remaining buckles

Now because you haven’t over stretched the curtain ,
by undoing the 3 buckles at the rear you could still open the curtain from the back,
you’ll have tension but enough that you can open the curtain .

nick2008:
back post in do up 3 buckles

Front post in and take up the slack don’t over tighten making it like a drum
Do up remaining buckles

Now because you haven’t over stretched the curtain ,
by undoing the 3 buckles at the rear you could still open the curtain from the back,
you’ll have tension but enough that you can open the curtain .

Beat me to it.