How hard can it be

… to organise a day run for me? I’ve got one days holiday left (April to April) and three times this month I’ve booked a day off and each time they’ve planned me a run which would be borderline night out even if everything went amazingly well, and for the third time I’ve ran out of time not far from the yard.

Tonight I’m in Melton Mowbray which is 20 mins from the yard after I ran out of time. So for the third time I’ll run in and go home for which I’ll receive 10 hours pay for my one hours attendance and rebook the holiday for next week. It’s a very expensive lesson for them that they are failing to learn.

the maoster:
… to organise a day run for me? I’ve got one days holiday left (April to April) and three times this month I’ve booked a day off and each time they’ve planned me a run which would be borderline night out even if everything went amazingly well, and for the third time I’ve ran out of time not far from the yard.

Tonight I’m in Melton Mowbray which is 20 mins from the yard after I ran out of time. So for the third time I’ll run in and go home for which I’ll receive 10 hours pay for my one hours attendance and rebook the holiday for next week. It’s a very expensive lesson for them that they are failing to learn.

Win win then , if you didn’t book it off for anything in particular and you can still be home early doors it’s fine , know where your coming from but enjoy spending the money u got for practically doing sweet f a :laughing:

Yeah nowt spoiling Largebloke. Our lass has no holidays left so I’d be rattling around by myself in the house following some bloody list of “jobs to do” that she’d leave me, so instead I’ll tell her I’m at work all day and hit Wetherspoons at brekky time instead :smiley:

I would use a facility like that to your advantage, the pattern established seems to be predictable enough :sunglasses:

the maoster:
Yeah nowt spoiling Largebloke. Our lass has no holidays left so I’d be rattling around by myself in the house following some bloody list of “jobs to do” that she’d leave me, so instead I’ll tell her I’m at work all day and hit Wetherspoons at brekky time instead :smiley:

Are you sure you didn’t plan it that way? Fair play tho lol :grimacing:

Your planner must be like mine [emoji6]
Because you’ve got a day off booked he plans a hard day for you so you don’t benefit from a early finish the day before but it’s backfiring on him and costing him money

blue estate:
Your planner must be like mine [emoji6]
Because you’ve got a day off booked he plans a hard day for you so you don’t benefit from a early finish the day before but it’s backfiring on him and costing him money

They don’t seem to be learning their lesson though; the first time it happened I’d actually emptied my truck expecting a day run and ended up going to a supermarket and buying a new quilt and cover, new socks and undies and a washing kit and putting it all on my expenses, the second time I’d also cleared the truck but that time I booked into a hotel in Doncaster and put that on expenses too. This time all my gear is still in so I’ll “rough it in my tin box like an unpaid security guard” as some would have you believe :smiley: :smiley:

Needn’t bother belling you tmoro night then bud. :neutral_face:
Looking like Avonmouth up to now…Sod’s law after last Friday eh? :unamused:

Bloody typical mate, I’ll bell you next week if I’m not stuck somewhere obscure.

Why not book a Monday off and have an extended weekend

the maoster:
So for the third time I’ll run in and go home for which I’ll receive 10 hours pay for my one hours attendance and rebook the holiday for next week. It’s a very expensive lesson for them .

At least you work for a decent firm mate.
My shower of ■■■■ would say ‘‘Now you’ve missed your hol, you may as well work for rest of day’’ :open_mouth: (which would be met with ‘‘Go and ■■■■ yourself’’ :unamused: )

AND also… If I had have gone home they would have even quibbled about paying me for the hour’s run in on top of my hol pay. :open_mouth:
So not all bad bud. :bulb: