New Garmin Dezl

Has anyone here got the new Garmin Dezl 580? I was waiting for the 780 as a 5’ screen is too small if you’re likely to be in artics with no convenient mounting place, and today I saw it on sites in Europe, one of which (a Dutch site) said it would be available next week.

What’s the 580 like and how is it better, if at all, thank the 570?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s got another 10 gee gees under the bonnet…so it will likely be a little quicker…it all helps! :slight_smile:

The only difference between the 580 and 570 is the 580 can be updated using WiFi rather than having to connect to Garmin Express via computer.

I got one a few months back and have no complaints with it. Would recommend shopping around though, I found a seller on eBay selling them for around £280 and used a 20 percent off voucher I had so got it for about £225. At that price it’s not much more than a decent car nav, but at the £400 rrp it’s down to you if you can justify it.

The WiFi updates are handy for me as the Garmin updater only works on Windows or Mac and I run Linux at home, also means it’s easy to update while away too.