Weight limits

I’ve to pick up a load of vehicle ramps in an artic.

That in itself is no issue but the site I need to be at is as it’s on a country road that can be accessed off two main roads - one at either end.

So I’ve been looking on streetview and one end has a 13t weight limit and a weak bridge and the other has no weight limit on the road itself but does have another 18t weak bridge. The place I need to be is between the two bridges.

Advice on this one please lol. Currently parked in a layby pondering haha

You’re breaking the law…

Which ever route you choose. Just because your pick up is inside the restricted bridges, unless there’s an ‘accept for access’ sign, you’ll be commiting an offence on either bridge. Whether that comes back to bite you as a prosecution or the bridge collapses no one can say.

Can’t you phone the collection point and ask what the drill is?

I’d ring where your going ask as they should be local .know the roads . If you can’t get there you can’t get there ring office tell them need send 18t or 7.5t

edd1974:
I’d ring where your going ask as they should be local .know the roads . If you can’t get there you can’t get there ring office tell them need send 18t or 7.5t

+1…

Drop back it back on yer planners desk.

Exactly make the office staff do something for a change. Maybe I’m being cynical. If place your going.knows then surely they must know the weight limits close by. And told your place but they maybe didn’t believe them or didn’t read the email .

Does it say - except for access - under the weight sign :question:

What will the actual weight be when loaded :question:

ROG:

Surely the weight limit signs relate to the plated MGW of the vehicle and it’s irrelevant whether it’s loaded or empty?

All sorted now. Called the collection point. Turn out you turn just before the bridge onto a farm track, into a farm then back out the other side of said farm into their place from the rear.

There was a third way in with no bridges but it’s 18t and onto the original post the 18t bridge I mentioned at one end of the road is now 3t with cameras :laughing:

But yeah all sorted, no laws were broken and no kittens killed but I have muddy flaps now :open_mouth: :laughing:

toonsy:
but I have muddy flaps now :open_mouth: :laughing:

You’ll need…

To Google parking areas with showers for that.

Oh for God’s sake, dont mention muddy flaps to Dipper Dave, King of double meaning and innuendo.
Did the farmers wife ask you indoors for some tea and crumpet ?
Oooh Matron .

DD is probably the best person to ask about cleaning muddy flaps

Harry Monk:

ROG:

Surely the weight limit signs relate to the plated MGW of the vehicle and it’s irrelevant whether it’s loaded or empty?

If there is an exemption for access then the max weight listed on the sign may be relevant