Costco RDC crick

Anyone tipped here? What are they like are you in and out or sat around for hours?

Not to bad a place. But don’t turn up early, they won’t let you in. They have automatic wheel ■■■■■ on the bays so no handing in keys and you can stay in your cab. Half decent grub in the canteen as well. They give you a pager thing to tell you which bay and when to pull of bay.

Normally not too bad there, half hour before and you’ll be fine, as Wayne said, you just back on the bay and stay in the cab, you keep your keys, then collect your paperwork on your way out at the gatehouse when you hand your pager in. It’s a proper DC where drivers aren’t treated like kids.

Probably the best tip I have had for a long while, I do a 0500 booking there now and again, like its been said, paperwork in at the gatehouse (depending on the lane they take it off you without leaving the cab). Drive to allotted bay, doors open, reverse on keeping your wheels right on the drivers side guideline, (Wander down to the on site cafe for a subsidised breakfast if you are in there after 0630) after tip, off bay, doors shut and collect paperwork from gatehouse, again sometimes no need to leave cab!

We go there too (STEF) from France and have always found them to be polite, efficient and quick.

Well this is a first … something good said about an RDC … :open_mouth:

raymundo:

Maybe they’re run by French people :laughing: (other Europeans are also available)
RDC’s here are so much more driver friendly.

As long as you’re within half hour of your delivery time it’s straight on a bay, keep your keys, stay in cab, wait for your pager to go off, and drive out again. You’re usually no mare than about an hour in there at most. In my opinion it’s one of the better, if not the best RDC, and there’s even a subsidised cafe.

Its one thst we do daily. Just down the road from us we run groups into there. Can’t really say anymore than others have said apart from my lot never plan anyone to go there and instead ask drivers when they get back for two reasons… first nobody ever says no because secondly we know it’s in an out pretty much and is as hassle free as you’re going to get.

Rowley010:
Anyone tipped here? What are they like are you in and out or sat around for hours?

If come 31 minute later that can refuse load.

pierrot 14:

raymundo:

Maybe they’re run by French people :laughing: (other Europeans are also available)

Costco is American…

Regular for us 0500-0600 booking, out by 0630.
Food is acceptable, toilet yes just the one, join the que, and wear wellies, as some driver’s find it difficult to pee in the correct place.

biggriffin:

pierrot 14:

raymundo:

Costco is American…

Regular for us 0500-0600 booking, out by 0630.
Food is acceptable, toilet yes just the one, join the que, and wear wellies, as some driver’s find it difficult to pee in the correct place.

I know it’s American Griffin, my comment was tongue in cheek :laughing:

pierrot 14:

raymundo:

That’s because they will be out on the cobbles if their croissants fail to arrive in time! The French can teach us one or two things…:grimacing:

I didn’t call them Frogs this time mon ami!

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:

raymundo:

That’s because they will be out on the cobbles if their croissants fail to arrive in time! The French can teach us one or two things…:grimacing:

I didn’t call them Frogs this time mon ami!

Good man , thank you :laughing:

Yes I can confirm this is how an rdc should be. Run very efficiently. I guess most places can’t copy it because if the cost involved in installing the dock systems and pagers. But you can’t drive off with that system so it’s fail safe.

Much better than being locked in a little room and treated like a child not being allowed in your own truck.