Repair to a ripped damaged curtain

Any ideas anyone ?Have tried unibond duct tape kind of thing. Didn’t last long. Have tried gorilla tape and seems to be holding out kind of but what’s best way

Another bit of curtain, some heat sensitive bonding agent and a heat gun.

edd1974:
Any ideas anyone ?Have tried unibond duct tape kind of thing. Didn’t last long. Have tried gorilla tape and seems to be holding out kind of but what’s best way

I don’t care…I pull a fridge to your annoyance!

for emergencies i have used cable ties…when its repaired by the profesionals…they use a heat gun and melt one piece onto the other…tape normally peels off after a few miles but it depends on how big the tear/rip

This was one of ours this morning after parking at wednesbury , think it may need a bit more than gorilla tape :open_mouth:

Bloody hell…but not the worst i`ve seen…anyway…cable ties…would sort it out for now…or stay where you are and get the boss to send a mobile repairer.

mbax81:

edd1974:

I don’t care…I pull a fridge to your annoyance!

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have about 6 in all ranging from about 8in to 12. Tinpot company I work for doesn’t care. .it’s the lad on the flt he just charges at it like a bull In a China shop …pussing pallets over almost out the other side… If I’m there I open both sides on purpose…

edd1974:

Pick up phone, call transport office, get them to send out a fitter with a heat gun and a patch kit.

largebloke1969:
This was one of ours this morning after parking at wednesbury , think it may need a bit more than gorilla tape :open_mouth:

Take one sharp knife.
Cut all remaining curtain off leaving just straps and buckles
I
And there you have it it looks like a new curtain showing a load inside like this one :laughing: :laughing:

largebloke1969:

Where was that done? It looks like the parking bays near the cop shop!

Rentadent:

largebloke1969:

Outside the pallet place on Stafford st , we’ve parked there hundreds of times in the last 10 years and nothing :open_mouth: mind u I parked in wednesfield many moons ago and got my windscreen put thru bout 1 in the morning :smiling_imp:

largebloke1969:

Rentadent:

largebloke1969:

Outside the pallet place on Stafford st , we’ve parked there hundreds of times in the last 10 years and nothing :open_mouth: mind u I parked in wednesfield many moons ago and got my windscreen put thru bout 1 in the morning :smiling_imp:

Yeah we always park around there, usually in Victoria street or Albert street and never had any bother.

Its PVC, so can successfully be mended with another piece of Pvc and a heat gun, nothing else needed.

Rentadent:

largebloke1969:

Rentadent:

largebloke1969:

Yeah we always park around there, usually in Victoria street or Albert street and never had any bother.

Who u on for bud

I wouldn’t be trying to repair it myself anyway. I’d be telling my company I ain’t moving an inch until they send someone to sort it. Card is staying in on other work and POA.

largebloke1969:

Rentadent:

Who u on for bud

A small family outfit, CJ Transport Stoke on Trent, only a handful of trucks but Wednesbury is a popular spot for us.

largebloke1969:

As its wednesbury your lucky they left you some curtain, usual wednesbury riff raff pinch the curtain in 1 piece lol

Rentadent:

largebloke1969:

Rentadent:

Who u on for bud

A small family outfit, CJ Transport Stoke on Trent, only a handful of trucks but Wednesbury is a popular spot for us.

Yea seen some of them parked there before

Daytrunker:

largebloke1969:

As its wednesbury your lucky they left you some curtain, usual wednesbury riff raff pinch the curtain in 1 piece lol

Am pretty gobsacked really as I said , all that time parking there in the past and never any bother