Lymington Hampshire

Tipping at Reef One Norwich again 3rd April with agg and reloading at Lymington on the weds morning at E.D Developements with yet more pump castings.
Any advice on half decent stops in the Lymington or surrounding area appreciated…

From what I remember of last time I was there every square inch had double yellows or restrictions :open_mouth:

Assuming you’re running at 4m the low bridge on the way into Lymington just before Marsh Lane will be no issue. I think it’s 14ft 3in from memory.

The roundabout before the bridge there’s a business park which would most likely be fine overnight. Think it’s called Ampress Business Pk or something like that.

Failing that go past where you need to be, right onto Sway Lane and there’s an ind estate down there. Google H S Butyl and it’ll show up on maps. Be warned it’s narrow getting there with other stuff coming the other way.

You’ve also got Rownams MSA on M27.

I’d go for Rownhams Andrew.

edit+ And please don’t tell me it’s the Shuttle for the return !!!

Punchy Dan:
From what I remember of last time I was there every square inch had double yellows or restrictions :open_mouth:

A very few parking spots near the Co-op in Wellworthy Road (14’ 3" bridge) that may or may not go early, nearest M-Way services is Rownhams. 3 or 4 decent sized lay-bys on the A31 which again might be filled early. Only a couple of small lay-bys on the A337, also a few on the A35 between Lyndhurst and Christchurch.

Andrew the South of England is as well equipped as the South East for the suppliers of the nation. Total BLOX !!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Cartland truckstop near entrance to docks @ dock gate 20…

Never been tho as were based near Southampton…

Or it’s Rownhams…

A few estates you can park at en route (Hardley & Calmore) but no facilities obviously.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
Cartland truckstop near entrance to docks @ dock gate 20…

Never been tho as were based near Southampton…

Or it’s Rownhams…

A few estates you can park at en route (Hardley & Calmore) but no facilities obviously.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TruckstopSouthampton near dock gate 20 Harley Davidson dealer,take a right at very end on left.Food,snap and truck wash.

dp//

Thanks again lads for the info and suggestions, theres quite a few there. If well enough im hoping to do this one myself instead of the missus so if push comes to shove and cant get in anywhere else, one of the suggested estates would do…
Cheers… :smiley:

pierrot 14:
I’d go for Rownhams Andrew.

edit+ And please don’t tell me it’s the Shuttle for the return !!!

Not this time mate, on the boat at 22.00 Portsmouth to Caens… :wink:

Have a nice crossing, you must be in the queue about to board then or probably on board as it leaves in half an hour ( deck 5, 3, or dungeon?).
Be prepared in France tomorrow, it’s a National day of strikes, so you may get some hold ups. May not affect roads too much apart from more traffic on ring roads etc., with demos. Those striking are teachers, train drivers (hence the increase in traffic) most of the civil servants, i.e. council workers etc., school workers (dinner ladies etc.) Not sure about the medical profession, if they are giving it large this time.

Edit: Andrew ignore the above, thought you were on it tonight , read your post wrong, you’re not even loaded yet.

But it’s a heads up for anybody else travelling through France tomorrow 22/3/2018, that’s what I was doing of course :blush: :grimacing:

I have overnighted before at Ricardo Way,Southampton Road, Lymington, and was quiet with no other trucks about. Not been down there for a while though but worth checking out. worth keeping in the book for next time!

Ampress Park is your best option in Lymington itself. Its about a 20 min walk into town where there is a good choice of pubs and places to eat.

AndrewG:
Tipping at Reef One Norwich again 3rd April with agg and reloading at Lymington on the weds morning at E.D Developements with yet more pump castings.
Any advice on half decent stops in the Lymington or surrounding area appreciated…

There’s the bit of the old A31 in Cadnam village outside the filling station (I forget which brand but it’s got a food shop, loo and Costa machine). No yellow lines. I’ve taken 45s there.

However, because of the weight restriction in Lyndhurst, you’ll have to either stop there on the way back (as the diversion leads up the A337 to Cadnam, but down the A35 from Totton) or make a zigzag back to Totton via the A336 if you stop before.

Can’t think of any proper truck stops round there apart from Rownham’s services and the Texaco/Co-op at M27 junction 2 which has a few HGV bays (which last time I was there, were often occupied by cars or vans).

^^^^^^
Thanks for the additional informacion guys, most helpful :wink:

Right…still dont feel up to distance and decided not to do this run. Is Rownhams female friendly, ie reasonably secure and showers ect? Ive just got ‘las semanes te han hecho perezoso’ off Karla (im sure she doesnt mean to call me a lazy git :stuck_out_tongue: )
How big is the truck park and do you have to book in abvance ect.
Thanks again for the help/ advice lads…

Rownhams…

Has a Days Inn. Don’t mess about, get the lass booked in a comfy room with a shower, wi-fi, tea and coffee etc. Parking for the truck will be included in the room price.

AndrewG:
Right…still dont feel up to distance and decided not to do this run. Is Rownhams female friendly, ie reasonably secure and showers ect? Ive just got ‘las semanes te han hecho perezoso’ off Karla (im sure she doesnt mean to call me a lazy git :stuck_out_tongue: )
How big is the truck park and do you have to book in abvance ect.
Thanks again for the help/ advice lads…

Its an MSA on the M27. Why did you think you had to book in advance? I would say, haven’t actually been in them, there are showers in the ladies, most Roadchefs do have them in both. What time is the wife intending to get there? There is quite a bit of room for trucks, there’s also the coach area,

google.fr/maps/place/M27,+R … -1.4571451

There’s a McD there and if she really wants comfort there’s a “Days Inn” on the site.

AndrewG:

al

Almost all ways space here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk