A serious oops for stobarts

I wonder what the outcome will be in this one;

thesun.co.uk/news/5852211/m … -arrested/

It’s standard to arrest…

The driver after serious crashes like this.

I assume Eddies have dashcams and the evidence contained within it will I suspect be damning or reputation saving for the driver.

All Stobart’s wagons have dashcams. I had a chap who claimed that I had nearly caused a head on collision with him, and that he had to swerve to avoid me and in doing so damaged his expensive wheels.

Problem is, most people in Runcorn (where the ’ incident ’ happened) are a bit thick, and upon returning to the depot my boss simply popped the SD card out of the dashcam and played the relevant clip on the computer.

When my boss phoned the guy back and explained that the truck was fitted with a recording device, and that he had viewed the footage which showed that I performed the overtake safely and legally, and his car at no point deviated, he bottled it and put the phone down.

Hopefully in this case the Stobart driver isn’t at fault. If he is, he will be sampling HM’s porridge for a substantial length of time.

Stobarts have confirmed it was an agency driver.

I rang the Highways agency this afternoon for an update on the state of the M25 before heading round it. The told me that the recovery was taking place immediately at the request of the police for evidential reasons.

Puts it all in perspective, my time sat in the traffic vs the loss of two family members and an young girl with serious injuries.

Hope the young one pulls through.

i always think were these new very bright lights to blame whenever i hear of an accident at night. the glare of oncoming new style lights has gotten silly now . in the old days it was just an occasional badly aimed headlight or foreigner car caused a temporary dazzle but not now. i think 1 in 4 of newer vehicles has the dazzler lights

that M1 crash with mr wagstaff etc had he too been peering thru oncoming dazzle [thats considered the norm now] as he bowled along, who knows . i bet he had

Being arrested is just procedure and doesn’t mean he will get charged with it.

I hope if he was at fault then he does, and if he wasn’t then he doesn’t. Hopefully the camera will see to the right outcome there.

corij:
i always think were these new very bright lights to blame whenever i hear of an accident at night. the glare of oncoming new style lights has gotten silly now . in the old days it was just an occasional badly aimed headlight or foreigner car caused a temporary dazzle but not now. i think 1 in 4 of newer vehicles has the dazzler lights

that M1 crash with mr wagstaff etc had he too been peering thru oncoming dazzle [thats considered the norm now] as he bowled along, who knows . i bet he had

If your seriously dazzled by light on the opposite side of the motorway then you should maybe see an optician about your over sensitive vision.

Is it the truck driver that’s been arrested? You can read the headline a few ways@

Hope the child pulls through

When I went past, plod were all over the scene measuring & photographing, there was a car sideways on in the middle of the road, and stobbie & fridge were down the bank,

I have since been told that a car had broken down on this stretch with no hard shoulder (not so smart motorway) and unlit, Stobbie was unable to pull out due to the car in the next lane to him, and he piled into the broken car wiping out everything in his path.

Whilst I am not a particular stobbie fan, if this was the case, I do feel for the guy,
I have twice happened upon a broken down in the live lane. Once on the 25 and again on the M1.
Both times I was able to ease off & pull out, but no matter how far up the road you can see, you do close on these motors pretty ■■■■ quick,

Bring back the hard shoulder I say - The guy implementing these new road layouts should be the one arrested :smiling_imp:

Thoughts are with the families of the 2 dead women, and lets all hope the little one pulls through :frowning:

Toddy2:
When I went past, plod were all over the scene measuring & photographing, there was a car sideways on in the middle of the road, and stobbie & fridge were down the bank,

I have since been told that a car had broken down on this stretch with no hard shoulder (not so smart motorway) and unlit, Stobbie was unable to pull out due to the car in the next lane to him, and he piled into the broken car wiping out everything in his path.

Whilst I am not a particular stobbie fan, if this was the case, I do feel for the guy,
I have twice happened upon a broken down in the live lane. Once on the 25 and again on the M1.
Both times I was able to ease off & pull out, but no matter how far up the road you can see, you do close on these motors pretty ■■■■ quick,

Bring back the hard shoulder I say - The guy implementing these new road layouts should be the one arrested :smiling_imp:

Thoughts are with the families of the 2 dead women, and lets all hope the little one pulls through :frowning:

Toddy I see what you are saying but this is the way it is now.
On A duals, there is no hard shoulder like that section of the M25 and there are only 2 lanes not 4 as in this place, cars break down on them aswell but we don’t hear of this sort of carnage do we, Why??

Horrible tragic crash, but how the heck did it happen ? It’s a 4 lane motorway not a 2 lane dual, at 23.00 where there won’t be too much traffic, and the Stobarts ended up down the bank :open_mouth: That’s one hell of a way to go, was he trying to avoid something ?

pierrot 14:
Horrible tragic crash, but how the heck did it happen ? It’s a 4 lane motorway not a 2 lane dual, at 23.00 where there won’t be too much traffic, and the Stobarts ended up down the bank :open_mouth: That’s one hell of a way to go, was he trying to avoid something ?

Whilst the volume of traffic obviously isn’t the same as during the day, it can still be very busy at that time. Lanes one and two nose to tail with wagons whilst lanes three and four are used as racetracks by cars who try and slip inbetween the lorries for their slip roads.

Personally, I don’t like the way lane one becomes the slip road. You have a line of vehicles driving in it who then suddenly need to be in lane two. Mass lane swapping IMO isn’t a great situation.

Captain Caveman 76:

pierrot 14:

Whilst the volume of traffic obviously isn’t the same as during the day, it can still be very busy at that time. Lanes one and two nose to tail with wagons whilst lanes three and four are used as racetracks by cars who try and slip inbetween the lorries for their slip roads.

Personally, I don’t like the way lane one becomes the slip road. You have a line of vehicles driving in it who then suddenly need to be in lane two. Mass lane swapping IMO isn’t a great situation.

Get what you’re saying Caveman, but what the heck happened to get the Stob to end up there ■■

pierrot 14:

Captain Caveman 76:

pierrot 14:

Get what you’re saying Caveman, but what the heck happened to get the Stob to end up there ■■

Maybe he saw a bridge in the field?

xichrisxi:

corij:

If your seriously dazzled by light on the opposite side of the motorway then you should maybe see an optician about your over sensitive vision.

Never been caught on a stretch of road with a gentle curve round to the right on a slight incline and the offending ‘retina burners’ catch ya bang on for a second? What about these new Scania with those stupid ■■■■■■■ lights in the grill? Wait till you get a face full of them from close range, especially when the prick driving it feels the need to give 2 or 3 flashes in quick succession to let the transit driver who passed him know it was either safe to pull back in or that he had fancy ■■■■■■■ lights

SouthEastCashew:
Stobarts have confirmed it was an agency driver.

Hardly a surprise given they own “Logistics People” and actively use agency staff wherever they can.

Just start checking Stobart trucks when you see one, I guarantee the employed drivers (wearing green shirts) are few & far between.

This is the main reason I left Stobart after 11years, they would rather have cheap inexperienced labour because it’s flexible for them over experienced drivers.

Bit of a catch 22, the drivers with the experience they should be using won’t touch them with a barge pole.

Captain Caveman 76:

pierrot 14:

Captain Caveman 76:

pierrot 14:

Maybe he saw a bridge in the field?

:laughing:

Toddy2:

I have had two near misses on these stupid smart motorways, both times I was following a lorry in front (no I wasn’t tailgating) and the lorry swerved at the last minute and I couldn’t move over due to lorry overtaking me so each time I had to do a emergery Stop, to miss crashing up the back of the broken down car.

Most of the time now I don’t use the hard shoulder, I stay on lane one.