TomTom Go Professional 6200 Lifetime

Hi all,

I dont know if this will help anyone but, this device seems to be on offer at Amazon until midnight tonight!

smile.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-Profe … 1ZXGAW3SBE

£220 new

:sunglasses: That’s a good heads up on a sensibly priced device, the only comment i would make is that TT’s ‘traffic’ is only free for the first year, i’m not sure of traffic subscription costs but anyone contemplating one should keep that in mind if traffic updates are important.

I got one of these through their ‘warehouse’ deals for £217 a few weeks ago. But it had used up a few months of it’s years subscription. I’ll be returning it and getting a ‘new’ one for a few quid more and keeping the traffic for another 4odd months. Think it’s a great device. Much better than the snooper I tried before it.

you can get price alerts from CamelCamelCamel uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ for items sold on Amazon, just set a target price you`d like to buy at, sit back and wait till they have a flash sale

I’ve got the 520 professional, lifetime maps,cameras, and traffic, uses WiFi via your phone, hardly any data usage, and update the maps at home over WiFi. Too bit of kit,no problems with it yet.

Juddian:
8) That’s a good heads up on a sensibly priced device, the only comment i would make is that TT’s ‘traffic’ is only free for the first year, i’m not sure of traffic subscription costs but anyone contemplating one should keep that in mind if traffic updates are important.

I’m sure with the lifetime tomtom’s the traffic is free for life same as maps, sure I read that somewhere.

Nope I stand corrected! The 6250 is lifetime traffic. 6200 is just lifetime maps.

biggriffin:
I’ve got the 520 professional, lifetime maps,cameras, and traffic, uses WiFi via your phone, hardly any data usage, and update the maps at home over WiFi. Too bit of kit,no problems with it yet.

This is the one that I got too, I can’t fault it and found it very user friendly, and it Works well when you download the app to your phone so you can plan the route on your mobile and send it to the device. Well worth the money
Cheers Paul

Gone back up to £ 290 now

I’m thinking of getting the 6250 any comments ?

Ghost01:

It’s lush - but expensive. Bluetooth works really well and syncs up nicely. Screen is big and clear. And it doesn’t give totally messed up routing like the snooper. With snooper it kept asking me to do a U-turn on a narrow road in a 26 tonner and other such nonsense.

The lifetime traffic etc are really you paying money to save the company money and to dock your wages if you are paid by the hour.

Heard a rumor if you call up tomtom you can blag 25% off if you say you are an existing customer.

sammym:

Ghost01:

It’s lush - but expensive. Bluetooth works really well and syncs up nicely. Screen is big and clear. And it doesn’t give totally messed up routing like the snooper. With snooper it kept asking me to do a U-turn on a narrow road in a 26 tonner and other such nonsense.

The lifetime traffic etc are really you paying money to save the company money and to dock your wages if you are paid by the hour.

Heard a rumor if you call up tomtom you can blag 25% off if you say you are an existing customer.

Think the cheapest i have seen it is £369.99 delivered .

i think the 520 , 620 / 6200 go pros are all brilliant sat navs
i like having my whats app messages read out to me
i like not having to touch it , i just say the passphrase and it talks to me and asks where i want to go
like recent destination or a favorite place or even a new place , you just have to say the address and it plans the route
i only recently found out that is has that amazon alexa thing built in , or it might be google now
say for example you wanted to go to have a pizza you just say the passphrase , say activate phone say you want a pizza and it will read out several nearby pizza places , you choose one and it plans the route
but you could say anything , like tesco , sainsburys or any firm or shop or factory etc and it plans the route
once its plugged in at the start of the duty , even with multiple drops , you never have to touch it again

sammym:

Ghost01:

Correct, you need to have a previous device registered with TomTom, then when you phone they will check, and give you 25% discount.

Also check prices at Argos, they have deals all the time.

So All,

Will be buying 1 tomorrow, but which would be the best …

Snooper Truckmate S8110

or

TomTom 6250

Ghost01:
So All,

Snooper Truckmate S8110

or

TomTom 6250

the 520 go professional mate , updates over wifi , free map and traffic updates for life , just over £200 by phoning up tom tom to say you are upgrading your truck sat nav ( they throw in a free 24 quid case for it too )

Ghost01:

Yes. Get your bumps felt.

Ghost01:

If like me you intend upgrading the unit in three or four years you might be better off getting the 6200 like I did, the first year traffic & cams are free and by the time you’ve spent out on traffic & cams for years two and three you’d hit roughly the same cost as the 6250 by then anyway, and by that time I’d be looking to get the next upgraded model which will no doubt be available by then.

That’s how it worked out for me anyway when I compared all the prices a while back, the only thing I failed to calculate was the amount of trade in discount that was available from TT, I underestimated it at the time unfortunately.

Oh and just for clarity the 6200 is exactly the same unit and features as the 6250 just without the lifetime* traffic & cams (first year free on the 6200)

• That’s lifetime of the unit apparently, and exactly what TomTom deem as the units lifetime I’m not entirely sure…

Reef:

Ghost01:

If like me you intend upgrading the unit in three or four years you might be better off getting the 6200 like I did, the first year traffic & cams are free and by the time you’ve spent out on traffic & cams for years two and three you’d hit roughly the same cost as the 6250 by then anyway, and by that time I’d be looking to get the next upgraded model which will no doubt be available by then.

But also bear in mind that the resale value of the 6250 (with lifetime traffic and maps) is likely to be higher than the 6200…

There are 4 tom tom go professional truck sat navs models
the 520 the 620 the 6200 and the 6250
the only difference between the 520 and the 620 is the size ( the 520 is big enough and the 620 is bulky)
the 6200 and 6250 have sim cards for the traffic info ,
the 6200 gives you 1 year free after that you have to pay each year
the 6250 gives you lifetime free traffic , which is reflected in the price £389
with the 520 you have to use the data on your phone for traffic info by connecting with bluetooth
the amount of phone data you use each day is tiny
so in my opinion which is from experience you are much better off with the 520
just ring up for the 25 % discount and free case , £225 all in

Ghost01:
So All,

Snooper Truckmate S8110

or

TomTom 6250

Never think of the snooperi tried it for 4 days and it was rubbish called the help line and after hours on line got no answer from them service is as bad as sat have to for the Tom Tom