Tv aerials

Hi guys and gals hope everyone is all good.

I’m after some advice please I running a plug in 300w inverter for my tv and only a crappie 3 mike radius aerial and in some services I don’t get any reception so what are my options please

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t park in services you know you get a crappy reception!!

Old Scuffer:

not by choice it’s company policy

I don’t have any experience of this so it may seem a daft thing to ask. But is it worth looking at camper van supplies?

Go ask the EE drivers what they use. They park in the services with massive sat dishes and I’m ■■■■ sure they aren’t watching “Good Morning Britain” ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:
Go ask the EE drivers what they use. They park in the services with massive sat dishes and I’m ■■■■ sure they aren’t watching “Good Morning Britain” ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If want argument park next to ee brothers statalite dish, he jump up down load g time, no watchee lady takey cloth off, he shout you blockee my dish, move you thank you.

^^^^^^^^^^^
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You could try a signal amp from tesco/asda, or get a better aerial

The frequencies TVs broadcast on is line of sight, you need to be in line of sight of the transmitter. If there’s a big hill in the way you’re not going to get reception unless you’re lucky enough to pick up a reflected signal.

Conor:
The frequencies TVs broadcast on is line of sight, you need to be in line of sight of the transmitter. If there’s a big hill in the way you’re not going to get reception unless you’re lucky enough to pick up a reflected signal.

You used to be able to pick up a decent refracted signal off the old analogue transmissions. New digital ones seem to lose too much data to be useful. So much for progress eh?

Electrical interference from the ‘dirty’ power source. Get a 12/24v tv or convert it

A new aerial…usually the more you pay…the better the signal…not always…i use a £50 one in the uk…and a satellite dish when abroad…especially if weekended.

Dazeruk:

I’m after some advice please I running a plug in 300w inverter for my tv and only a crappie 3 mike radius aerial and in some services I don’t get any reception so what are my options please

Thanks in advance

Hi.

I currently use an Avtex 3000. It’s a powered aerial via either 24 or 12v. It’s quite small and comes with suction and permenant mounting kit. I can pick up 100+ channels most of time. However, in services it can range from 12- 60 channels, still pretty good.

Cost around £40 new,
I purchased off eBay new. However, id imagine most camping / caravan shops would supply as they are very popular within camping / caravaning.

Get one of these, you just clip it to the top of the window.

TV antenea.jpg

In my apartment in central London I tried all types of aerials and then aerials with seperate boosters and could never get decent reception till I came on here and was recommended the moonraker aerial , which I bought off ebay for about £50 a few months ago and have never had a problem since

bigfoot:

Dazeruk:

Thanks in advance

Hi.

I currently use an Avtex 3000. It’s a powered aerial via either 24 or 12v. It’s quite small and comes with suction and permenant mounting kit. I can pick up 100+ channels most of time. However, in services it can range from 12- 60 channels, still pretty good.

Cost around £40 new,
I purchased off eBay new. However, id imagine most camping / caravan shops would supply as they are very popular within camping / caravaning.

Agree with Bigfoot. I use the same aerial which i purchased from a capital outdoors and it does the job
capitaloutdoors.co.uk/colle … vt-sth3000

Old Scuffer:

Reception or not…just don’t park in services. :smiling_imp:

This is the one I use, stick it to your mirror or get a pole for better reception in dodgy areas.

download.jpeg