B&Q new Malden

Anyone know where the goods in is and how to access it? Not obvious from google street view like many are

I may be wrong but I think it is underneath the structure (Car Park with store on top)

I used to deliver to the Halfords next door and we had to use their car park entrance before backing into the loading area for Halfords. It was tall enough for our Double Deckers to get underneath.

Off Beverley Way, keep the store on your left and slip off left keeping the store on your left…

You could always give them a call, they will be the ones to best direct you in .

020 8336 3500

Done it loads of times in the past, found the client on Gmap, can’t work out where goods in bay is , so get close and call them up. Even had some guide me in to the bay, lol

If you are coming from London way go down to the roundabout and go around and come back up the slip road as though you are going back towards London. The B&Q will be on your left. Whatever you do don’t turn into where it look like the goods in area is. You pass the B&Q and stright after it there is a Chinese food warehouse on the left, turn in there and follow the road around the warehouse. The access road for goods in is just after the factory.
Trouble is once you go down the road and if other trucks come in behind you there you are ■■■■■■. I called it Alcatraz as once you are down there, there is no way out :laughing: you do indeed go underneath the building into a small poxy goods in then drive out the other side to where I told you not to go in to as it looks like the goods in area when it is in fact the exit.
We used to deliver flower pots there and 6 hour was the norm for waiting to be tipped.

Just looked on Google. Turn left stright after Halfords and basically follow the road around Korea Foods then you turn left down the road after that into B&Q.

Well done Steve, I was trying to find it on Gmap for him and got to the food place and then it froze. Nice one

edit + That still looks tight, you are probably right, but I’d still give them a call.

pierrot 14:
Well done Steve, I was trying to find it on Gmap for him and got to the food place and then it froze. Nice one

edit + That still looks tight, you are probably right, but I’d still give them a call.

It is mate as the first time I went I turned into the B&Q where the Halford’s is and then had to tow my ■■■■■■■■ off reversing out onto the main road :unamused: :smiley: and the fella from goods in told me how to get into it.

Don’t turn left after Halfords, go past and turn left after the Big Yellow storage, last turn before you rejoin the A3. Continue up there past the exit from Big Yellow etc then take the next, quite narrow, alleyway before you get to the BT vans etc. Take a wide swing as there’s usually a load of crap down the left. You will come to their goods inwards gate. No turning needed, you drive in one gate & out the other, all under cover and it’s fairly tidy at the moment so reasonable amount of room.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

pierrot 14:

It is mate as the first time I went I turned into the B&Q where the Halford’s is and then had to tow my ■■■■■■■■ off reversing out onto the main road :unamused: :smiley: and the fella from goods in told me how to get into it.

I saw that entrance on Gmap and you see a little sign as you get to the building but too late by then
google.fr/maps/@51.4004932, … 312!8i6656
Would be nice if they put that at the entry road and a bit bigger too and not at the point of no return :cry: :cry:
Is that big gate on the right, where the slats are broken the exit from the loading area ?

pierrot 14:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

pierrot 14:

I saw that entrance on Gmap and you see a little sign as you get to the building but too late by then
google.fr/maps/@51.4004932, … 312!8i6656
Would be nice if they put that at the entry road and a bit bigger too and not at the point of no return :cry: :cry:
Is that big gate on the right, where the slats are broken the exit from the loading area ?

Aye that’s the one.

Thanks everyone. Got taken off the job after all that but at least I know for future reference!

■■■■■■■ hell that’s a big B&Q

Rowley010:
Anyone know where the goods in is and how to access it? Not obvious from google street view like many are

You turn off the A3 at Shannon Corner, the junction with the B282. Take the on-slip to the A3 towards Central London (also signposted Wimbledon A298) and the entrance to B&Q is via Halfords, first on the left.

Did that one once and made same mistake of turning in by the goods in exit and the multistory car park. Nasty place to turn round esp with the arrogant drivers there.

Why they cant have a sign directing to goods in i dont know, beyond the tiny one right down the side street which you only see when you know its location anyway.

Glad i never do London anymore.

IndigoJo:

Rowley010:

You turn off the A3 at Shannon Corner, the junction with the B282. Take the on-slip to the A3 towards Central London (also signposted Wimbledon A298) and the entrance to B&Q is via Halfords, first on the left.

That’s a good description of how to get to the entrance if you are going shopping. Not if you are delivering to B&Q in a truck.

trevHCS:
Did that one once and made same mistake of turning in by the goods in exit and the multistory car park. Nasty place to turn round esp with the arrogant drivers there.

Why they cant have a sign directing to goods in i dont know, beyond the tiny one right down the side street which you only see when you know its location anyway.

Glad i never do London anymore.

Most B&Qs are the same mate. ■■■■ all telling you where goods in is. If I’m not mistaken the one at Croydon is past the store if coming from the M25 so it’s on your left, turn left into a housing estate then next left on to a road that takes you to the back of B&Q and other units and the goods in is there :unamused:
I made the mistake of pulling in to the car park access road thinking it would take me to a goofs in area. No chance, cue carnage for about 30 mins with me asking a member of staff to help me get back out of the car park and ■■■■■■■■■ drivers wanting to drive around me :unamused:

Beats me why places can’t give haulage companies the address of the road the goods in access is from rather than the address of the front of the shop, or office door for the business. Why would a haulage company need anything other than the goods in access on the delivery note with a separate invoice address if that’s needed.

Rowley010:
Beats me why places can’t give haulage companies the address of the road the goods in access is from rather than the address of the front of the shop, or office door for the business. Why would a haulage company need anything other than the goods in access on the delivery note with a separate invoice address if that’s needed.

Rowley, gotta agree, it would be a time saver for the driver, but in this day and age of Google maps?? It is far easier than it used to be. New customer, look up address ( you know how it goes from here). Street View will show you 99% where you have to be, the driver has to fend for him/herself a little bit more and make the effort to help themselves and if you don’t have the internet, make a call.

I asked a local if there was a B and Q in Birmingham and he said he wasn’t sure, but he did know there are two D’s in Dudley…

I’ll get me coat…