Folding crane

Hi guys,the wagon that I normally drive has a brick grab fitted to the crane but the one I’m driving tomorrow has a hook and the crane folds away behind cab.
Has anyone got any advice about folding and unfolding it.
The crane is a Pallfinger 15500.
Thanks in advance.
Duncan

Raise the boom first but not all the way or it may lock out,watch the catch that holds the dipper although on a palfinger it may be a fixed catch rather than a swinging one ,when folding away do same again boom nearing verticle fold dipper away in to boom then lower boom in to holster ,obviously with extensions in ,hope this helps .

Thanks mate, what’s the dipper?.
Only ever used a crane with a brick grab.

The 3rd arm that the extensions come out of .

Brilliant thanks again mate.
Duncan

Leave your dashcam…

Running. Then we can watch in slow motion as the whole lot tips over.

Have a good day. :smiley:

Careful of your hydraulic hoses when both taking it out and putting it back, mine has a tendency to catch on a silly hook that is bent out of shape right next to where it folds up, anything getting in the way and the hoses can be easily ripped or cause a burst hose.

Thanks guys

UKT, no offence meant mate, but if hoses catch on said silly hook that’s bent, why not remove the issue (ie the hook that’s bent) or am I being daft??

Dunky123:
Hi guys,the wagon that I normally drive has a brick grab fitted to the crane but the one I’m driving tomorrow has a hook and the crane folds away behind cab.
Has anyone got any advice about folding and unfolding it.
The crane is a Pallfinger 15500.
Thanks in advance.
Duncan

Could you not ask your boss for a demonstration before you leave the yard? Would seem the best idea to me

Old Scuffer:
UKT, no offence meant mate, but if hoses catch on said silly hook that’s bent, why not remove the issue (ie the hook that’s bent) or am I being daft??

It is an integral part of the vehicle, also there are other obstacles that can catch and can’t be removed. Just have to watch it in and out and go slowly by not pulling the levers fully and been gentle with them. Someone damaged ours leaving it permanently damaged.

UKtramp:

Old Scuffer:

It is an integral part of the vehicle, also there are other obstacles that can catch and can’t be removed. Just have to watch it in and out and go slowly by not pulling the levers fully and been gentle with them. Someone damaged ours leaving it permanently damaged.

Keep ripping hoses the boss will soon get it fixed

nick2008:

UKtramp:

Old Scuffer:

Not a good idea when you and the truck are soaked and dripping with hydraulic oil .

nick2008:

UKtramp:

Old Scuffer:

Don’t worry, it’s all fantasy

image.jpegthe swinging catch can be seen on the boom and the peg on the dipper ,however I think palfinger have a fixed bracket on the mast that the dipper peg folds in to .

image.jpegyeh palfinger fixed bracket half way up mast

I know it’s your truck Dan, but when I worked for Grahams ( eons ago ) , I was always told NEVER go over the cab !

pierrot 14:
I know it’s your truck Dan, but when I worked for Grahams ( eons ago ) , I was always told NEVER go over the cab !

True ,but different when it’s your own ,plus I’d love one of those new unused ex army fully trimmed cabs :smiley:

Thanks for all the replies guys,in the end up I was actually out in my own truck today.
I’m going to get one of the drivers who uses it regularly to give me a quick demonstration next time I’m in yard early.
Duncan

pierrot 14:

I have a FASSI 660 HIAB that is set up for going over the cab…without it we couldn’t do many jobs on the tight sites. The modern HIABS have sensors that detect movement and will shut the crane down. The only way to tip a modern lorry loader is by either the ground giving way or you have cheated the sensor!