Help

Hi all, ive been driving around 8 months now doing multi drop but just wondered how much experience better jobs need before its worth applying? The place im at is salaried and broken down the pay is shocking, but theres old timers coming out with things like “it’s a good job compared to some ive had” worries me. Guess i need to look for something like tippers or cement or something else, just wondered how long people would leave it?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

I would say 8 months is plenty, as always depends on the company you apply to.

It shows you are experienced, providing you have had no accidents cant see it being a problem.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You could always get a job with a company that does low-loaders with plant on!
That way you could see the other side of life at the services ! :grimacing: :grimacing:

It’s not a hard and fast rule. I’ve taken on newbies and people with barely any experience. Yes the chances of getting one of the better jobs are reduced with less experience, but they aren’t zero. Get out there and see what options you could have.

Thanks for the advice, i always thought it was minimum 2 years experience before you drop on something better but could drop on before then, just got a new house and mortgage so might stick it out a bit longer get more experience

Varies drastically - some want no experience, others want a year and some two years. Depends on insurance and how easy they find getting people, ie: better jobs will usually want more experience.

Personally I’d say 1 year will open up a lot more doors and shows ability to stick at the job, even bad jobs which most first driving jobs are (unless you’re very lucky and start with Albion). [Edit, she beat me to commenting].

However theres no harm in asking around, but would never go for salaried unless hours are fixed. Just presume that most multidrop is awful esp pallets along with skips, and anything food related is even worse so dont jump too quick.

trevHCS:
Varies drastically - some want no experience, others want a year and some two years. Depends on insurance and how easy they find getting people, ie: better jobs will usually want more experience.

Personally I’d say 1 year will open up a lot more doors and shows ability to stick at the job, even bad jobs which most first driving jobs are (unless you’re very lucky and start with Albion). [Edit, she beat me to commenting].

However theres no harm in asking around, but would never go for salaried unless hours are fixed. Just presume that most multidrop is awful esp pallets along with skips, and anything food related is even worse so dont jump too quick.

Thankyou sir

Where abouts are you based?

Daytrunker:
Where abouts are you based?

Stoke on trent mate

Culina in Stafford are looking for drivers so I hear from a friend who works there. Same with Nisa in Stoke.

Would avoid Culina as they are also salaried and max out your hours so you would be in the same situation.

ClassOneHD:
Culina in Stafford are looking for drivers so I hear from a friend who works there. Same with Nisa in Stoke.

I posted a few weeks back about nisa and was advised against it, also heard dhl had lost the nisa contract, not sure if it was true or not.

Is there any chance of career advancement where you are? If not try for a tipper or skip job.

alamcculloch:
Is there any chance of career advancement where you are? If not try for a tipper or skip job.

Doubt it mate all they care about is deliveries and doing them at any cost, trying force you stay out if your running late etc. Alwaya fancied tippers myself but thought you’d need more experience…