Ranstad recruit north east england ,northumbrian wate

hi all any one here worked for northumbrian water through ranstad recruit on lgv tanker work.whats the hours like etc?
best regards

army1970:
hi all any one here worked for northumbrian water through ranstad recruit on lgv tanker work.whats the hours like etc?
best regards

This may help…

If you are doing or wanting to do agency work can put you in contact with some decent who will give you work & keep you working

Depends where you live mine sorry crystal ball broke :laughing:

Ive not worked for Northumbrian water themselves but, having worked in drainage around the north east I have worked alongside them plenty of times, and I’m still in contact with a few who work for them full time, having started with agency.
The money is good for what you do, sucking up sewerage & depositing it in sewerage treatment plants around the north east, I see this job is for Stockton, but you will end up going to any.
They do everything by the book so for the first few weeks you will find yourself on course after course, they go through everything you need to know wether you know it or not. My mate has been doing the job over 10 years & they were explaining how to lift drain covers to him. They always had a good rate of pay but never got any overtime, consequently they don’t start work until bang on time, have regular breaks and make sure they are in the depot, poised at the clock at finish time, you won’t get paid for overtime unless it’s authorised from above. If the engineers on site will ask if can stay to finish the job, ask if it’s paid. If you like the job, and they like you, it usually turns into a full time job when a vacancy comes up.
It’s a job where driving is only a small part of your day so if you’re cab happy don’t do it, likewise you will be expected to get out the cab and share the physical graft when it’s time, they tend to let you know that though. Enjoy.

thanks billy i am assuming you would run on a log book with this ,bcos it a utilty company
and a public service,i dare say the max hours would be about 40 to 45 hrs a week,?
best regards.

I worked in the industry for 8 yrs & never had to fill in a log book, or use a tachograph as they’re exempt, a derogation I believe. As for the hours they used to be allowed a max of 20 hrs overtime per month on top of their 38hrs a week. This may have changed as my mate reckons he could work every day if he wanted, the agency should be able to tell you more.
Are you going to give it a go? You never know until you’ve tried it, as Larry Grayson used to say :open_mouth:

i bieleve i will billy ,i will let you know how i get on ,yes just as thought no tacho,thats allways a good start,cheers for the advice matey.
best regards