DR10

robroy:

UKtramp:
I had to have a full police check against the criminal police database which is much more in depth than a CRB check. I had to give out all of my info which included an assault charge a drink drive charge and a few other bad sounding violent offences, the point being that these were from 30 years ago and had no convictions since. I had a bit of a past in my youth but had grown up since. I was told that if I had not given the information of past convictions and it was picked up from the database that I would not have passed it. As I had told the truth and not hidden any convictions it went in my favour and I still got the job. I wouldn’t worry over your past conviction providing that the past 10 years are clear.

Who tf were you applying to work for the CIA? :open_mouth:

If I had to jump through hoops that much to get a job driving a [zb] truck I would tell them to ram it sideways. :unamused:

It was only for contracting to the the police rob but you had to deal with the general public and handle some pretty sensitive stuff through SOCO. It was their requirement. I only had to fill in their form but it is a LV2 check which goes back to the year dot, all spent convictions had to be notified. Not as exciting as MI6 but same level checks!!