Loaded wrong load

For me happened couple time in last years.Friday come to collection at big name companies.Give reference and they as well can see all by my truck reg plates.They load me and i back to paperwork .They give me sign paperwork for Asda Chepstow (was loaded as well Asda load)but must be 5 drop load to London area.

happens all the time at our place , usually its into a tight drive at the end of a long winding lane that you need to reverse out of .set up crane ,legs out etc , unload 4 bulk bags then customer says " that’s no good I want plastering sand that’s building sand " .I used to get annoyed now I just point at the phone number on the wagon door and tell customer to whinge at the idiot on the other end. reload and take it back . I’m too old to be getting stressed out over someone elses ballsup :sunglasses:

Given the choice - one drop in Chepstow or 5 drops in London - Chepstow here I come .
looks like you got a bit of a result there .

beefy4605:
Given the choice - one drop in Chepstow or 5 drops in London - Chepstow here I come .

Same here , then back in to Bristol for a back load home

blue estate:

beefy4605:

Same here , then back in to Bristol for a back load home

I check paperwork before start sign and found who loaded with wrong load and they reload all.

I can remember a mix up at Dewsbury where I took the Sedgefield trailer to Luton and the Luton trailer was taken to Sedgefield. :open_mouth: :laughing:

First ever shift, backed up to trailer, and although it was all new to me, thankfully had the presence of mind to check the load - they’d given me the wrong trailer number - it was empty.

Being new, not sure I would have noticed the lack of weight before getting to the drop if I’d just driven off :laughing:

syramax:
happens all the time at our place , usually its into a tight drive at the end of a long winding lane that you need to reverse out of .set up crane ,legs out etc , unload 4 bulk bags then customer says " that’s no good I want plastering sand that’s building sand " .I used to get annoyed now I just point at the phone number on the wagon door and tell customer to whinge at the idiot on the other end. reload and take it back . I’m too old to be getting stressed out over someone elses ballsup :sunglasses:

We must be related some where along the line. Aim the crap where it belongs.

Dropped a load of carpets at a hotel in Southwark London , then headed to Wales to do a high security time critical collection .
We get down near Chippenham and the office rings to tell us that they had given us the wrong branch of the Hotel and they needed to be collected and delivered 2 miles away .
They were infering that it was my fault .
When asked what the original delivery address was and was it the same as where I had actually delivered to they realised that they would need another driver to go and correct their mistake.
It was strangely quiet when I was next in the office , especially when I cheerfully asked " who f##ked up then ? " The silence confirmed that it was the senior manager.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back in the 90s I regularly pulled trailers for a cane furniture company in Grantham. Even fully loaded the trailers only weighed about an extra tonne. Went in there one day to find two stepframes in the yard, both sealed. Despatch told me to take trailer 2, loaded for the Fulham Palace Road right on the banks of the Thames. When I got there I had to wait while another trailer was tipped and I wasn’t allowed to break the seal. Eventually opened up to find an empty trailer…Mercifully the despatch lad at Grantham owned up to his mistake (if he hadn’t I might have been in trouble) and we were paid for both trips.

at least you got something. went I force corby today pick up 6 pallets to go to Manchester . after waiting for about an hour and half they decide they couldnt find the pallets. so I left empty. they said pallets were all on there system but pallets arnt where meant to be. management came down said theve spent past hour looking. don’t have a clue where they have gone .

I had one today. Sent into some minerals place near Kings Lynn to pick up nine pallets.

Got sent away with just two. Asked them a few times if they were sure and they confirmed it was two and said it must be an error our end.

So off I went. Hour or so later I gets a call asking if I can go back because they admitted they cocked up.

Nope. Not on a Friday :laughing:

Happend to me twice at DHL on agency. One time I went all the way to a Morrisons DC in Cheshire with a load for Tesco in Welham Green, on a Sunday too! Another time I had a trailer for somewhere or other, looked in the back and it was empty…

papermonkey:
Happend to me twice at DHL on agency. One time I went all the way to a Morrisons DC in Cheshire with a load for Tesco in Welham Green, on a Sunday too! Another time I had a trailer for somewhere or other, looked in the back and it was empty…

You obviously checked the security of the load,

Might have been sealed??

Had one the other day when I took our four legger out to pick up an inbound. Opened curtains to check it was right, and it was. Wasn’t until I checked the manifest that I realised it was about 4 ton too heavy for my unit. Nothing I could do so bobtail run back.

Keep them wheels turning, and keep on earning - or you’ll end up moaning and gurning. :wink: