Brexit..more controversy/indecision!

You couldn’t make this up.

Should we !!! Shouldn’t we !!!
Let’s wait a while !! no no gotta do it now !

huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/b … id=webmail

for huffpost read grauniad and bbc, same lefty ■■■■■■■■ just a different title.

Brexit has become a farce.

The overwhelming problem is that the people in charge of delivering it don’t believe in it, so what hope have we got? We are just going to end up out but still on a leash, which is arguably worse that just staying in.

The words:::

" HEADLESS CHICKENS "

spring to mind

Chuffington Post is just something that gets blocked by my “Anti RSS” software. If I attempt to go to their website by accidentally clicking on the wrong link for example, it comes up with a blank screen where it has bee killed in it’s tracks, censored from my delicate Righty Eyes at my own set-up and request. :sunglasses: :grimacing:

rob22888:

The overwhelming problem is that the people in charge of delivering it don’t believe in it, so what hope have we got? We are just going to end up out but still on a leash, which is arguably worse that just staying in.

This, This, 1000 times this.

Take Huff Post and the Guardian reporting with a pinch of salt,both lefty Labour supporters

Captain Caveman 76:

rob22888:

This, This, 1000 times this.

Farce ?
We are currently members of the biggest Free Trade Zone outside of the USA.
We have free trade will our neighbours.
We are contributors to the area and so have a lot of influence.
We are about to leave.
We are being told by some we`ll be better off.
Brian Rix would throw that script out as too improbable.

Franglais:
We are currently members of the biggest Free Trade Zone outside of the USA.

That is probably true.

Franglais:

When it suits them.

Franglais:
We are contributors to the area

And we contribute more than some and take less than others, that’s why Europe is ■■■■■■■■ itself.

Franglais:
and so have a lot of influence.

Like hell we do. Europe is always trying to put us down. Even now they are trying to do it during the negotiations.

Franglais:
We are about to leave.

Can’t come soon enough. We managed before Europe, and will continue to do so.

Franglais:

We’ll be no worse, because the money that we don’t pay the grabbers in Europe, can be used elsewhere. The likes of Blair and all of his Ilk, won’t then get their noses in the Eurotrough as they won’t be eligible. Kinnock has made millions out of Europe, because he is a Euro minister of some sort, and Blair wants the same.

Ken.

Quinny:
Franglais wrote:

When it suits them.

So in the future we`ll make it EASIER for them to refuse our goods, and raise tariffs against them.

Quinny:
Franglais wrote:

And we contribute more than some and take less than others, that’s why Europe is ■■■■■■■■ itself.

So a rich country (us) contributes more than a poor country? A bit like income tax really.
If we were poorer wed be net beneficiaries. Surely you wouldnt prefer that?
EU ■■■■■■■■ itself? They certainly aint happy. Us leaving will make the whole EU smaller and poorer. "Noses and faces", springs to mind. Theyll be a worse off, so us being poorer doesn`t matter?

Quinny:
Franglais wrote:
and so have a lot of influence.

Like hell we do. Europe is always trying to put us down. Even now they are trying to do it during the negotiations.

Outside we have less influence. So a major market will be harder for us to sell into. Not only will we have our goods taxed we won`t have input into standards etc.
The EU is not giving in to all our demands? What did you expect??

Quinny:
Franglais wrote:
We are about to leave.

Can’t come soon enough. We managed before Europe, and will continue to do so.

Of course we will manage. Our goods will be taxed, and subject to non-tariff barriers, and well be poorer, but well still “manage”.

Quinny:
Franglais wrote:

We’ll be no worse, because the money that we don’t pay the grabbers in Europe, can be used elsewhere. The likes of Blair and all of his Ilk, won’t then get their noses in the Eurotrough as they won’t be eligible. Kinnock has made millions out of Europe, because he is a Euro minister of some sort, and Blair wants the same.

Well pay less into the EU. Well also sell less into the EU because itll be easier, quicker and cheaper to source goods inside the EU. So well have less income.
I dont think anyone credible is saying well be financially better.
Are some EU bureaucrats overpaid?
Yep. But “noses and faces” again. Ruining our future economy because we think some politicos are overpaid is none too wise.

Quinny:
Franglais wrote:

So a rich country (us) contributes more than a poor country? A bit like income tax really.
If we were poorer wed be net beneficiaries. Surely you wouldnt prefer that?
EU ■■■■■■■■ itself? They certainly aint happy. Us leaving will make the whole EU smaller and poorer. "Noses and faces", springs to mind. Theyll be a worse off, so us being poorer doesn`t matter?

But it isn’t like income tax because of the way that it is distributed, as an example France takes 40% of the Common Agricultural Payments and the other 27 countries take the rest. This is to the detriment of all the other countries farmers as French famers can grow produce at a loss but this doesn’t matter as the CAP protects them, as France is a big cheese in the EU this will never change.
If the EU had opened it’s eyes as to what was happening in Europe Brexit would never of happened they treated Cameron with scorn which is historically how all British PM’s have been treated by the EU. Things that Cameron requested but was refused were brought in by Merkel before the German election to quell the anti EU sentiment in Germany. Juncker should be on trial for tax evasion and corruption, all the sweet heart tax deals that all the tech giants enjoy were put in place when he was president of Luxembourg, no wonder he isn’t to keen to crack down on them.
The arrogance of the people who run the EU will eventually lead to it’s downfall look to EE countries and how they are standing up to the EU after every set back the EU elite just want more federalisation instead of sitting back looking at where things are going wrong they just bury their heads in the sand and say more of the same.
The idea of a free trade area is a good one but the founding fathers of the EU wanted a United States of Europe and the current EU elite are no different.

Just part of the ongoing campaign by remainers to derail Brexit. Meanwhile…

politico.eu/article/martin- … l-servant/

The EU as a whole has made a choice to subsidise its small farmers. Our Welsh hill farmers benefit and so do others in the UK. If the French benefit more its because they have more small farmers. They are more of an agro-economy. When we buy their foods its relatively cheap because its already been subsidised. Will we continue to benefit in this way after Brexit?
The EU could of course make the choice to end or decrease subsidies for small farmers. Maybe thats how the post Brextit UK will go? Maybe well HAVE to, in order to trade with the US for instance? I dunno.
No more small farms with stone walls and small fields. Itll either be huge prairie type fields for bigger (more competitive) machines and even less people employed in farming, or waste land. At the moment we are net importers of foods, so to keep ourselves fed it likely be "more efficient, more competitive" farming methods. Thats what a lot of the fuss is about isnt it? Efficiency. An efficient countryside isnt necessarily very green or pleasant. Is taht what we really want?

Mazzer2:
The idea of a free trade area is a good one but the founding fathers of the EU wanted a United States of Europe and the current EU elite are no different.

Well, Id agree that Free Trade Zones are generally good. And Id agree that the current EU is going too far, too quickly. Seems a lot of other EU countries voters currently feel the same.
That seems to me a reason to stay in it and push for change.
I am no fan of the EU bureaucratic elite. Nor am I fan of the Westminster bureaucratic elite. Getting rid of Brussels won`t get rid of London.

How on earth can Brexit run smoothly when the current government aren’t anywhere near 100% committed to it. It will end up being BREXINO, Brexit In Name Only. There will be trouble ahead.

Did you guys think that it was just a case of saying “I resign” and walking away? In the forty-odd years that we have been a member, we have become very entangled with the bureaucracy and legal stuff. We do need a deal on customs and especially on the land border over in Ireland. You probably know that the enabling bill is intended to bring almost all the current EU law (drivers hours among all the other stuff) into British law?

Each side keeps dribbling out information, much of which needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Remember that all politician (well maybe with the exception of the current POTUS) need to keep a sharp eye on their local constituency. With such a small majority TM cannot just steamroller anything through - it’s all bargaining - most of it in the back rooms out of earshot of the press.

robbo99.:
How on earth can Brexit run smoothly when the current government aren’t anywhere near 100% committed to it. It will end up being BREXINO, Brexit In Name Only. There will be trouble ahead.

Or a Brexitino - a little Brexit, just enough to control the important things! I like it! :laughing:

Rjan:

robbo99.:

Or a Brexitino - a little Brexit, just enough to control the important things! I like it! :laughing:

OOhhhh.
Now, who will start a list of what is, and isnt, "important"? Ive stuck my head over the parapet more than once, but wouldn`t go anywhere near that one!

Franglais:

Rjan:

robbo99.:

OOhhhh.
Now, who will start a list of what is, and isnt, "important"? Ive stuck my head over the parapet more than once, but wouldn`t go anywhere near that one!

Well, for me, it’s democratic control of the economy - control of work and wages. :laughing:

pierrot 14:
You couldn’t make this up.

huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/b … id=webmail

Unfortunately it appears that making it up is exactly what the press have been doing for most of the last 2 years.

Rjan:

Franglais:

Rjan:

robbo99.:

OOhhhh.

Well, for me, it’s democratic control of the economy - control of work and wages. :laughing:

Ah well. Spose theres a first time for everything. :smiley: