Lidi aldi

Is the training to drive a electric pump truck right. Here you go theres the keys , that button up that down back forward, you passed tip your motor, im going to tea, what about the toes getting crushed and pinning your self against the sides of your container or any other situation you find your self, there must be more to it than that, ive seen fork lift test were they have to drive round pallets. I know it aint the same but its a bit more than up down back and fourth , so how do they get away with it

Sshhh keep it quiet, this is how H&S gets over the top. We don’t want to have to have a full on hour long induction and test on one before we are “allowed” to tip do we.

1st time I went aldi runcorn backed 0n bay went office they handed me a set of keys said that opens door that’s for truck. I thought they were joking at 1st.
There do it untill somone has a bad accident and hsa get involved then be to late

malcolmgbell:
Is the training to drive a electric pump truck right. Here you go theres the keys , that button up that down back forward, you passed tip your motor, im going to tea, what about the toes getting crushed and pinning your self against the sides of your container or any other situation you find your self, there must be more to it than that, ive seen fork lift test were they have to drive round pallets. I know it aint the same but its a bit more than up down back and fourth , so how do they get away with it

Can you drive an articulated lorry? If so then you shouldn’t find an Aldi/Lidl battery operated pallet trolley too much harder to drive.

Same as a palette truck only with a small electric motor, nothing like FLT !
Imagine if it was “here’s your palette truck” you’d be on here moaning, " why don’t they provide an electric one" ? :unamused: :unamused:
Just take it slow, peas of pi§§ :laughing: :laughing:

edd1974:
1st time I went aldi runcorn backed 0n bay went office they handed me a set of keys said that opens door that’s for truck. I thought they were joking at 1st.
There do it untill somone has a bad accident and hsa get involved then be to late

Aldi Neston…

One of Eddies managed to crush his foot/leg/knee what ever, a large claim went in so now they’re tipping you.

Aldi Chelmsford they tip you.

Aldi Swindon can’t comment haven’t been there for over a year.

Aldi Rothersthorpe you tip yourself.

Aldi Darlington they tip you.

Aldi Cardiff you tip yourself.

On the plus side you can be in and out as fast or slow as you want. no more waiting around all day. Plus saves you having to go the gym after all that pushing n walking

In days of over zealous health and safety warriors it’s actually a nice and welcome change.

I don’t need to worry about pinning myself to the side of a trailer because I’m not an idiot. I don’t need to worry about running myself over, again because I’m not an idiot :unamused:

yourhavingalarf:

edd1974:

Aldi Darlington you tip yourself unless changed in a fortnight since I was there they have taken away the long folks due to too many accidents by drivers

If you don’t like tipping yourself, don’t come to Europe for a job. I would say 90% of loading/unloading through the doors is done by the driver, whether it be a fridge or a curtain side. And has been said, at least it keeps you fit and there’s no waiting around for warehouse staff to pull their fingers out.

yourhavingalarf:

edd1974:

Aldi Neston…

One of Eddies managed to crush his foot/leg/knee what ever, a large claim went in so now they’re tipping you.

Aldi chelmsford don’t tip you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So half of the Aldi info above is wrong :laughing:

Shall we start on the Lidl depots ?
I’ll start:-

Belvedere tip yourself…If your collecting Euro’s load yourself

Enfield tip yourself … If your collecting Euro’s load yourself

NEXT !!!

Lidl Exeter and Southampton are both self tip

Funny how guys only ever seem to promote health & safety when it’s getting them out of doing something they can’t be arsed with.

We don’t need to sit a full blown class on how to use an electric pallet truck, it is easy. Yes, you can potentially injure yourself doing it but you can also potentially injure yourself coupling/uncoupling a trailer or opening curtains in the wind etc. yet how often do we see drivers rolling their eyes at “health & safety ■■■■■■■■” risk assessments you get shown for stuff like that.

I’ll be disappointed if I go to Aldi Neston next time and I can’t crack on and tip myself because some dozy driver made a meal of it. I have tipped many many loads in there with no incident whatsoever & haven’t witnessed any other incidents.

Couldn’t have worded it better Rob, especially your first line !!

yourhavingalarf:

edd1974:

Aldi Neston…

Aldi at Chelmsford do not tip you. You self tip.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Wensbury Lidls self tip

rob22888:
Funny how guys only ever seem to promote health & safety when it’s getting them out of doing something they can’t be arsed with.

We don’t need to sit a full blown class on how to use an electric pallet truck, it is easy. Yes, you can potentially injure yourself doing it but you can also potentially injure yourself coupling/uncoupling a trailer or opening curtains in the wind etc. yet how often do we see drivers rolling their eyes at “health & safety ■■■■■■■■” risk assessments you get shown for stuff like that.

I’ll be disappointed if I go to Aldi Neston next time and I can’t crack on and tip myself because some dozy driver made a meal of it. I have tipped many many loads in there with no incident whatsoever & haven’t witnessed any other incidents.

Spot on

rob22888:

i dont tip at them any more guv wont take that work on, it was just a question as to how they can call that training, as there is a risk of accidents

Its like flys around ■■■■ is there nothing you won’t do for 8 quid an hour