Ocado Dordon

Hello all,

Does anybody know the pay/hours/conditions are like here?

I’ve done a few agency days in there but have just left Stobarts (yes it was the worst company I have ever driven for!) and don’t want to not work on agency full time again if I can help it.

Cheers people

My mate works there. I’ll ask him this weekend.

All I know is that it pays well.

Pay will be decent as is the case for every supermarket jobby… as well as ■■■■ easy work… Go for it :-')

Pays irrelevant,the fact that they have in cab cameras facing the driver would mean I could never work there.

Cheers for your replies. Anything has to be better than Stobarts. Worst 8 months of my life, however I know that some people would enjoy working at Stobarts.

Thanks again

xichrisxi:
Pays irrelevant,the fact that they have in cab cameras facing the driver would mean I could never work there.

Didn’t know they had in cab cameras. They must be one of only a few to do that… not a bad thing I suppose :-')

SouthEastCashew:

xichrisxi:

Didn’t know they had in cab cameras. They must be one of only a few to do that… not a bad thing I suppose :-')

They have 2 in cab cameras,one facing the road one facing the driver…I’d have no problem at all with the one facing the road,not with the one pointing directly at me.

xichrisxi:

SouthEastCashew:

xichrisxi:

They have 2 in cab cameras,one facing the road one facing the driver…I’d have no problem at all with the one facing the road,not with the one pointing directly at me.

Smear the ■■■■ up with vaseline [emoji14]

SouthEastCashew:

xichrisxi:

SouthEastCashew:

xichrisxi:

Smear the [zb] up with vaseline [emoji14]

…and do the same to the camera.

xichrisxi:

SouthEastCashew:

xichrisxi:

agreed, i couldn’t work there for that reason alone, no matter how good the package.

SouthEastCashew:

xichrisxi:

Unfortunately its the insurance companies who dictate, and if they say they are going in, they are going in :unamused:

It`s either that, or the operator will not get cover. They are getting pretty pedantic regarding driver behaviour, and drivers are not helping themselves in this regard… :unamused:

Ive just been told that we will be needing the "full monty" camera wise [front + side view] from the start of our next insurance year, all because of TWO accidents, one where the driver was at fault, and the other where he wasnt, but the forward facing camera evidence isnt good enough as the bump was on the o/s of the cab, and this doesnt show on the recording :open_mouth:

Apparently, one more bump and we will require driver facing cameras as well. They need all the evidence they can gather on any bump nowadays, as the standard response to an incident involving an HGV is “you” are at fault, until it can be proven otherwise…

Now get off those bloody phones, as they are using the audio on the camera as well to check on the drivers behavior before an incident…

exit:

SouthEastCashew:

[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AndrewG:

exit:

SouthEastCashew:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
Instant dismissal / gross mis-conduct i think its called… :blush:

Going back to Ocado…it`s very good money, but the quip from another member about it being easy money is miles off the mark.

You are planned on max hours for your 4 shifts, Leeds + back, with a Bristol + back is a normal shift [IIRC]…

A mate got the tin-tack for encroaching onto a rumble strip, which triggers an alarm in the traffic office, which in turn triggers a disciplinary on your return…in his case, this was followed by an ■■■■■■ off the premises, and his job lost… :blush:

I can’t see how a driver would get the sack for hitting the rumble strip there must be some other misdemeanours in there somewhere.

bald bloke:
I can’t see how a driver would get the sack for hitting the rumble strip there must be some other misdemeanours in there somewhere.

Agreed. Does make me think he hit the rumble strip and triggered the camera and they found he was on his phone

Stanley Mitchell:
Unfortunately its the insurance companies who dictate, and if they say they are going in, they are going in :unamused:

Sorry Stanley but I don’t for one second believe that, I think that you are guilty (as we all are at some time or another) of repeating something you’ve been told that has no basis in fact.

Let’s imagine a scenario where an insurance Co insure a vehicle and require driver facing cameras and a driver in a vehicle insured by them is involved in an accident in which he’d been driving along within the speed limit when suddenly a vehicle pulled out of a side road/ jumped a red light and the camera driver T boned the vehicle. Pretty open and shut case really until the insurance Co review the footage and find out that their insured driver was on the phone. Are they then going to tell the third parties insurance Co that they will stand the cost 'CO’s their driver was using a mobile device? Not on your Nelly are they.

It’s just another myth similar to “you can’t carry passengers 'cos they’re not insured”.

advert on indeed for class 1 drivers, £10.09 an hour, that doesn’t sound like a good package to me…

Thank you for your replies everyone.

Is the job a 4 day week or 5 day? I know that it will involve a weekend.

Cheers

Used to have inward facing cameras at poundland with microphones,if the office bods wanted to just look on a laptop to view live feed from the truck anytime they wanted and you wouldn’t know they were watching one of the reasons I left.
Forward facing fair enough but inwards ones nope if they have to do that then I’m not trusted to do my job.

m.a.n rules:
advert on indeed for class 1 drivers, £10.09 an hour, that doesn’t sound like a good package to me…

Based on a 40 hour week… when you have guys doing 50+ hour weeks for 8-9 quid an hour lol