Ocado Dordon

the maoster:

Stanley Mitchell:
Unfortunately its the insurance companies who dictate, and if they say they are going in, they are going in :unamused:

Sorry Stanley but I don’t for one second believe that, I think that you are guilty (as we all are at some time or another) of repeating something you’ve been told that has no basis in fact.

Let’s imagine a scenario where an insurance Co insure a vehicle and require driver facing cameras and a driver in a vehicle insured by them is involved in an accident in which he’d been driving along within the speed limit when suddenly a vehicle pulled out of a side road/ jumped a red light and the camera driver T boned the vehicle. Pretty open and shut case really until the insurance Co review the footage and find out that their insured driver was on the phone. Are they then going to tell the third parties insurance Co that they will stand the cost 'CO’s their driver was using a mobile device? Not on your Nelly are they.

It’s just another myth similar to “you can’t carry passengers 'cos they’re not insured”.

Its the first question LV ask when they grill you on an incident, "was the driver on the phone at the time of the incident".....it doesnt matter that he was on hands free, it goes on the record…I`ve had a couple of bumps where the driver was not at fault, but the question was still asked…

The insurers DO stipulate, as its their risk…

You can see when they flex their muscles, when somewhere has had a break-in, the alarm system is upgraded PDQ along with new electronic gates ect., they aint paying, the poor bugger who has had their business turned over is......improve the security or we will decline the business.....its their M.O., less risk, more profit …

No different with trucks, they need to minimise the risk, and the camera doesn’t lie…or the audio :wink: