Split load single pot tanker

A quick one.
I’ve got to split a load on a single pot tanker, it should be gross about 28t.
How would I go about it with no flow metre?
the tank does have a dipstick (yeryer :laughing:) but to be honest I’ve never used it and never had cause to split a single load.
Cheers.

Is that one or two dipsticks…I’ve lost track…? :grimacing:

TiredAndEmotional:
Is that one or two dipsticks…I’ve lost track…? :grimacing:

:laughing:

Just guess it drift…but i suppose one will get a bit more than the other. :smiley:

will the load be pumped off through a flow meter ?

beefy4605:

I’ll be pumping it off but no flow meter, it’s liquid animal feed, normally the farms take the full load but this load needs to be split.

truckyboy:
Just guess it drift…but i suppose one will get a bit more than the other. :smiley:

Might have to, 15 minutes each, last one might get a bonus :laughing:

Drift:

beefy4605:

I’ll be pumping it off but no flow meter, it’s liquid animal feed, normally the farms take the full load but this load needs to be split.

open the top lid and keep an eye on it ( thats assumming your allowed up there ) a best gustimate will have to do .

beefy4605:

Drift:

beefy4605:

open the top lid and keep an eye on it ( thats assumming your allowed up there ) a best gustimate will have to do .

Yer think your right, good thing is farmers don’t give a flying cow turd about H&S :laughing:

Drift:

beefy4605:

Drift:

beefy4605:

Yer think your right, good thing is farmers don’t give a flying cow turd about H&S :laughing:

Crack on Driver :smiley:

Just don’t mention the fact that it is a single pot to the farmers and you’re good to go :smiley:

old_n07:
Just don’t mention the fact that it is a single pot to the farmers and you’re good to go :smiley:

You read my mind :blush:

Farmer #1 pump 'till it comes out of the top like Moby ■■■■. Farmer #2 gets the rest. Job sorted.

the maoster:
Farmer #1 pump 'till it comes out of the top like Moby ■■■■. Farmer #2 gets the rest. Job sorted.

I try to avoid whey permiate showers now :laughing:
at least most times the farms are deserted.

Dip stick before you start discharging. Then keep checking until roughly half of what your first reading was.

harrawaffa:
Dip stick before you start discharging. Then keep checking until roughly half of what your first reading was.

Cheers,
I’ve just received the locations, I know which one is going to be first :wink:

If not too late… if the pump is on the truck, ask the boss what rate it pumps x product at, then some maths and a stopwatch will give a fairly accurate answer.

Although, a colleague did try this method with a milk tanker once… he got the maths wrong :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris1207:
If not too late… if the pump is on the truck, ask the boss what rate it pumps x product at, then some maths and a stopwatch will give a fairly accurate answer.

Although, a colleague did try this method with a milk tanker once… he got the maths wrong :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t think the boss would have a clue to be honest.
I did the loading using maths technique at Wissington, take tare away from 44t divided by .8 and add 300litres as the calibration on the metre is out… M… my maths ain’t the best, even text my mate to check, got it near spot on
I’ll wing it with the stick and hope for the best, I’m working that the second farms tank is crappy :laughing:

Easy way to split it evenly is get a stick level with bottom of the tank (at the front is easy if an artic) put a mark at the top of the tank on said stick then another dead centre and dip it when unloading and the amount will be near enough equal …

Tunnocks at uddingston used to be a split load with glucose what a ■■■■■■■ backache that was