15 ft bridge at Hinckley A5

With m6 closures between 2 and 4 inevitable over the next few years and the A5 being the obvious and sign posted diversion route… I can see this bridge being in for a few smashes by over height trucks

Depends which way you go. Heading from the west, from Tamworth, just before the bridge turn up the a 47, up to Earl Shilton, Then turn right past Elmswell and Stoney Stanton, through the village, down to the T-junction by Cobleys, Left then right, then joining up on the lutterworth Road, Having turned right at the traffic lights. Down into Letchworth. Rejoin motorway.

I’m sure there is a far easier route, but I do variations of that.

You should post this on the railway forum, this is a pro driver forum, wont happen

Would use the A45 M45 or M40 if heading up north or down south or head up to the A50 and then rejoin the M6 plenty of ways round it without using the A5 and all the problems that that will occur on there with the satnav followers.

Saratoga:
Depends which way you go. Heading from the west, from Tamworth, just before the bridge turn up the a 47, up to Earl Shilton, Then turn right past Elmswell and Stoney Stanton, through the village, down to the T-junction by Cobleys, Left then right, then joining up on the lutterworth Road, Having turned right at the traffic lights. Down into Letchworth. Rejoin motorway.

I’m sure there is a far easier route, but I do variations of that.

DOWN TO LETCHWORTH… :unamused: :unamused: :wink: now that’s what I call an predictive text diversion :laughing: :laughing:

Oh yeah there are other ways round, but I was just thinking that particular bridge is frequently struck when there’s not M6 closures. So I can just see it being even more frequently struck over the next couple of years

Is that the one that sits in a dip? A lot doing 56 under that one have probably grown a few vital centimetres on their suspension when flying at that apex just before it, particularly south bound :laughing:

OLDSALVO:
DOWN TO LETCHWORTH… :unamused: :unamused: :wink: now that’s what I call an predictive text diversion :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah. Despite the amount of text messages that I write with Lutterworth in, The system still prefers Letchworth. A bit annoying, but you know what I meant.